What Kind of Milk Do You Drink?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Whole

9 vote(s)
  2. 2%

14 vote(s)
  3. 1%

5 vote(s)
  4. Skim

7 vote(s)
  5. Organic

3 vote(s)
  1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    well...pretty self explanitory...

i drink whole
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Skim or 2% usually. Idk why, i usuaully drink skim by itself and 2% with cereal.
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Chocolate Chip cookies + milk + cheezy horror flick = fun.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    where is the soy option? the least you could do is 'other'

that said, I drink whatever is in the house, generally always organic. but at my apartment I get Silk brand soy milk.
  5. any and all

like at school we have coolers we get milk out of to drink with our lunch (no soda for me thank you very much) and i just grab 2 of anything, which includes skim, whole, lowfat (2%), chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, as well as low fat versions of the 3 flavored ones. i really like em all so instead of being picky i just grab whats on top :)
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  7. silk is the stuff!

i get some weird digestion problems when i have a lot of dairy, so i cut back a lot. i actually like the taste of soy milk way better, and it's not as heavy.
  8. jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    wheres the eeeww choice....milk is gross. <---just an opinion! still gross tho. havent had it in years...if I smell it, it just smells sour and fatty....:/

edit: you may have heard this before but....humans are the ONLY creature on the earth to not only drink anothers species milk but drink it after infancy....copiously...
  9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Organic, I try to keep my whole diet organic, or at least avoid proccessed or fat-reduced foods.
  10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Typical badly-thought-out poll where I cannot tick any of the options.

We only have organic,semi-skimmed milk. I hate skimmed milk, but semi-skimmed is fine - and I wouldn't have anything but organic, by choice!
  11. Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    Im diggin' rice milk at the moment. Its a bit better than soy imo. Fairly similar though.

If i went back to normal milk though, it'd have to be skim. I drunk it for years. Once you taste full cream after drinking skim for a while, its deadset gagworthy. Its too think and manky for my likings.
  12. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    On a regular basis it's 2%. I mean, whole is fatening as hell. But I voted whole, because it is 10000 times better.
  13. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    No, it's not, it doesn't make you fat, fat-reduced foods and sugar do.
  14. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    1% "ultra homogenized," which means "burned beyond recognition." It's to milk what Kraft singles are to cheese. It's ultra-homogenized since it has to survive the trip over here on a C-5. The boxes on the shelves in the commissary right now have expirations of like Feb 2008 or something. Twinkies have a shorter shelf-life. It's undrinkable alone, but you can choke down Apple Cinnamon Cheerios with it. :)
  15. Generally Skimmed milk.

but on occasion Semi-Skimmed milk if that's what's there. Full fat milk now is a bit of a surprise to me - although I will take cream in coffe sometimes!
  16. Whole milk, definitely.

(Big IMO comin)
    2% and 1% are pretty good too, but there's some line that gets crossed somewhere between 1% and skim. The milk all of a sudden ceases being milk, and turns into this transparent watery crap that turns my stomach at its very sight! It doesn't taste like milk, it's not filling at all, and it's just weird!!!
  17. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

or chocolate. Rarely either.