Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of music do you play with you Carvin bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jul 14, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

My carvin is going to be here on Thursday and i wanted to know what you all use your carvins for, anyone using them with an Ampeg rig.

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Classic rock, blues, and country, mostly.

I'd like to get into a jazz situation - especially with the fretless 5 and the 6 - but I think I need to work on my chops first.

3. MAJOR METAL

Thanks Chuck, what kind of carvin do you have

4. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I have 2 carvin's. A 1994 LB76 AAA Maple, and a 1994 LB76F Fretless. I use the fretless for Jazz & Fusion, and on the "Sting" song: Fields of Gold
    and The shape of my heart. The fretted one I use for some Bon Jovi songs, and some blues songs
    as well as the Mr. Big song. Just take my heart.
    If I am playing a set with those songs in them, I just keep that Bass on for other songs as well,
    Boston-long time
    Kansas-Carry on my wayward son
    Aldo Nova- Fantasy
    Stevie Ray-Crossfire, House is a rockin
    Hendrix-Red House,Voodo Chile.
    Triumph-Fight the good fight & Majic power
    Classic Rock and some newer stuff like:
    Puddle of Mud-Blurry
    Good Charlotte-lifestyles
    While I may not need the "B" or "c" for some of these songs, the Bass has awesome tone, and I can play anything on it.
    [​IMG]

5. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    I've got 4 Carvin basses and 2 guitars. See them here.

The koa/maple LB75 is my primary player. I've really fallen in love with the LB76 though.

6. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    gospel, that meaning everything from the old hymns to the newest contemporary stuff.

K

7. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    What did you order ? There is nothing like that great feeling, when it comes in and you open the case for the very first time.
    Details...we want details.....:)

8. MAJOR METAL

My bass is a

LB75P

Greenburst over flame maple with a swamp ash body matching headstock , custom truss rod cover with MAJOR METAL on it, black hardware , strap locks
    5 piece neck with tung oil finish. I didint get the wider neck i have big hands so i hope this works out.I am very interested to try the pick ups out i want to give them my evaluation since their has been much debate on them.

9. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    My LB75F strung with tapewounds is especially good for blues and jazz. I also have a LB76 and it has a nice bright modern tone. Because the spacing is tight, I find I use this one less (it's hard for me to switch back and forth) but I do use it in a classic rock band some.

10. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Rock, jazz, R&B, funk, Celtic, world music, zydeco, blues, singer-songwritery stuff. LB76.

11. Both kinds...Country and Western ;)

Early 90's BB75

12. MAJOR METAL

bump

13. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    My bass is a

LB75P

Greenburst over flame maple with a swamp ash body matching headstock , custom truss rod cover with MAJOR METAL on it, black hardware , strap locks
    5 piece neck with tung oil finish.

I cant wait to see pics, That is going to be one sweet Bass.There Flame Maple is really nice looking, I wish my pic came out better. I will try and get some new ones soon.Let us know when it comes in.:)

14. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    rock and metal. Sounds good with my Ampeg SVP/QSC setup with Avatar cabs.