1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What kind of music merges Electronic Dance and Live Band .

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by magnusdeus123, Sep 26, 2008.

1. I've been a big fan of Eurodance and House for quite a while, and was into it a lot more before I got into the live music scene . Then I picked up bass and have been listening to quite a few different genre of live music . Even in this I'm drawn more to genre such as Acid-jazz, Reggae, Funk, Funk-rock and so on which basically let me onto the fact that I really like mostly dance music or atleast music that has good grooves into it .

Also the kind of music project or band as you could call it that I would wish to form is something more along the lines of dance/groove based music more apt to listen to in clubs and parties rather than a straight out rock/metal approach . I think Acid-Jazz is the closest I can get to on the front of live musicians playing danceable and universally enjoyable music . But I'm still more interested in better ways of fusion music between these two genre's i.e. electronic dance music, and live support by maybe a guitarist/keys(melodic content) and/(or without) a bassist .

Care to add a few words on the matter my TB brotha's ?? :D

2. Holy F*ck
    Trans Am
    Mushroom
    Every (ugg) jam band
    Can

3. As for the acid jazz, check out the old school group "Groove Collective." Hip hop beats (from a REAL drummer) and REAL instruments,everything from a kick @$$ horn section, vibes, African perc., one amazing bassist! Score!:bassist::D

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Brazilan Girls

5. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Lo Fidelity All Stars

they do electronic/dance music but it's all with a traditional band line-up. I actually saw them open for the chemical brothers and orbital back about 9 years ago.

6. bassplayertom77

bassplayertom77

Sep 24, 2008
    The Faint

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Check out Nerve. They're a live Drum & Bass(the style, not the instruments) group.

The bassist posts on here a fair amount, at least in the effects section. Seems like a cool guy, at least what I can gather from here.

8. Man, the Nerve guy was amazing . That and 'The Bays' is what im looking into right now . Still up for suggestions .

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Listen to Dub Reggae.

10. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Look up The Presets. 2 piece drum and keys dance-y kinda thing.

11. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
  12. +1 on Groove Collective.

You may see also Groove Armada and of course Basement Jaxx.

13. toaster2k3

toaster2k3

May 21, 2007
    My band is electronic dance with a live guitarist and vocals. It's the link in my sig if you want to check us out!

14. subscribed for awesome.

15. I just remembered... You might want to check out "Ratatat" also...

I saw them live last year and it was trully awesome.