Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of mute do you use?

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Joe Taylor, Nov 13, 2002.

  1. Joe Taylor

    Joe Taylor

    Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    I was wondering what kind of mutes you use.

    I have three: a practice mute huge rubber, an ebony traditional style (three fingers), and a fancy new style rubber job that is round that stays on the strings.

    The practice mute does a wonderful job of making it soft sounding totally different sound.

    The traditional is the one that has most performance effect with the rubber job coming in second for performance work.

    I opt for the new rubber one because it stays on the bass and I don't have to play where is the !@#$ mute anyway.