1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What kind of output does the hyperbass have?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Taylor Livingston, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    So, I know the hyperbass has an output for each string, but what sort of output? Are there just four 1/4" jacks on it, or is there some special DIN cable that has four leads or...?

I ask because I'm having a custom pickup made based on a Wal pickup, and it will have the capability for separate output of each string. This would be cool, but not worth having 4 cables coming out of the bass, so I'm wondering what the alternatives are. Thanks!

2. I'm not sure if this will actually answer your question, I don't think it will, but here ya go:

The middle two strings are not used for “Adhan”. Since the Hyperbass has separate magnetic pickup outputs for each string, Michael didn’t even bother connecting the outputs for the middle two strings to the mixer when recording "Adhan".

taken from his tunings page

3. Burg

Burg

Nov 29, 2001
    U.K.
    I read somewhere that he uses a special cable for this. Not sure on the specifics though sorry.

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Can't answer the specific question, but at the very least you would use two stereo TRS plugs rather than four separate mono plugs. It wouldn't make any sense to use mono jacks when, for the same rpice and half the size, you could use two stereo jacks.

5. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics