Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what kind of pedals do you suggest

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MarztekMilita, Feb 10, 2005.

1. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    vvbv

Hey, im a new member but no dumass on the bass
    ive been playing for a little over 1 year

I play punk, metal, thrash, and just messin around

ive been looking at Digitech X-series bass overdrive and chorus

soo what ever you guys think let me noe

.....late dude

2. for the stuff you play, i'd say the overdrive...tim king of soil has one, and he really sounds good with it.

3. im an owner of the Digitech X Series Bass Driver and I absolutely love it...if you play metal, i'm sure you will too...

4. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Big Muff is a requirement to play metal :)

5. mm that big muff tone, i jsut wish you could run it off an adaptor

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The American Reissues have 1/8" jacks for a 9V adapter. If you're using a Ruskie pedal, you can buy one of these and plug into your battery snap.

[​IMG]
    And you can order one here: http://www.visualsound.net/1spot.htm

7. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    You are too kind. I was looking at getting my Green Big Muff modded when I got it in a few weeks but it looks like I won't have to!

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I wouldn't mod a greenie anyway. They have collector's value.

9. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Well I'm hoping it's a green one. samash shows a green one and the guy I called at Samash confirmed it for me but I'm not sure if they actually have them unless EHX re-issued the green's recently.

It's on back order so I won't have it for 2-3 weeks. Enough time to order my Loooper witha blend knob and one of these dealie-bobs so I can hide my muff in my rack.

<Back to Topic>
    I would also test out a compressor to see if you like what that does for you. Wah's are always fun to play with as well

10. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    MXR M-80 Bass DI+. The pedal can do quite a lot with metal, and I find myself using it more and more. It cops a pretty good modern bass distortion, like RATM, etc. I also use it for covering For Whom the Bell Tolls, etc.

Ted

11. protz! thanks for the tip man i've been looking for osmething of that sort ( i do have the russian version) thanks a lot!

12. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    tplyons found that battery converter not me :)
    A Loooper can help you keep your lows if you get a blend knob with it. I hear the Big Muff sucks lows out and I need all I can get!

http://www.loooper.com

13. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    thanks for the suggestions

and covering "FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS" is one of my favorite songs to play R.I.P. Cliff

14. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    then a big muff is the way to go. both cliff and jason used big muffs fir their distortion

15. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I couldn't really find the distorion sound that I wanted until I A/B Y'ed my Bmax SS with and ol' Peavey tube pre....I have the fat Bmax bottom with this insane growl...otherwise I used to have an Ibanez Phat Head distortion pedal...worked great and versatile...it has OD, Distortion, or clean...and two eq.