1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What kind of pickup should i choose???? help!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Skepp, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Skepp

Skepp

Apr 6, 2006
    What kind of pickup should i choose for my fender p-bass with maple fretboard. I'm lookin' for something around
    80's Heavy Metal Exc. Accept, Europe, Dio, Wasp

Please help me!!:bawl:

2. Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders?

Just a suggetion

3. Dimarzio Will Power Middle Pickups...
    I have them in my bass, and I play the same music as you along with some slap and progressive metal.

They are really great, real oud so you can cut through all the distortion, and awesome tone, great for rock!

4. Skepp

Skepp

Apr 6, 2006
    Thx! now i just have to flip a coin :p to decide wich one i should choose :p Thx :smug:

5. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Dimarzio Model P.

You'll slice though the mix like a hot knife though butter!!

You could fool the audience into thinking there's a 3rd guitarist.

6. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    +1

They are very hot, yet passive, pickups and really add aggression to the P-Bass.

They are so loud that I throw my -10db (or 15db?) switch on my amp when playing it and treat it as I would an active bass.

7. The Will Power is veeery similar to the Model P, its basically the Model P wiht a few modifications like covered pole pieces, and theres a lil bit more mid range and bass, unoticable difference really.

Model P:
    Bass :7
    Treble:5
    Mids: 7

Will Power:
    Bass:8
    Trebe:5
    Mids:8

8. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    These are great pickups. You will not recognize your bass as the same instrument after installing one.

9. walkerci

walkerci

Mar 7, 2006
    Orlando, FLA
    I put Reverend 10K P-Bass Pups in my Ibanez Blazer yesterday. $18.00 !!! :hyper:

http://reverendguitars.com/reverend/instock_specials.html

These Pups are huge, deep, and fat.
    Tons on Tones.
    Passive, but with the output level of Active Pups.

I have to leave my amp input at the Active level, which is a plus because my other axe is an Active Warwick.

10. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I just installed an SD Quarter Pounder in a P bass. Very deep voice, loud, and potentially aggressive, depending on the amp settings.

11. hammer2748

hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    +1

Got 'em in my MIM Precision. It sounds spectacular. Really fat bottom but plenty aggressive if needed.

Cheers,
    Hammer