1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What kind of preamp is on my 2006 Korean Lakland Skyline DJ4?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4strings4 life, Feb 3, 2018.

1. 4strings4 life

4strings4 life

Jun 10, 2017
    I'm trying to determine what kind of preamp is on my 2006 Korean Lakland Skyline DJ4, anyone know if this is an Audere? It's not a John East J-Retro for sure, but not sure what it actually is. Anyone? dj4. pre amp.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Looks like an East to me. Audere would have a centered switch and a centered LED status light. East has 2 offset switches.

jretro_big_2.

3. 4strings4 life

4strings4 life

Jun 10, 2017
    I guess you could be right, every JRetro for Jazz I’ve seen has two flip switches, not one. But it’s possible.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

In your second picture, there's a second switch. It's hidden by the bottom knob but you can see the shadow of it. It's clear in the first picture.

5. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    JRetro for sure, I have one on my Skyline DJ5. It was a factory option.

Love the sweep-able mid.

4strings4 life likes this.
  6. 4strings4 life

4strings4 life

Jun 10, 2017
    Y’all are exactly right, gotta be JRetro. Thanks!

7. It's a DJ-Retro preamp by John East. AFAIK these are J-Retro preamps modified to fit the curved DJ control plates. These come with the black & silver chrome knobs only . Did you know that Lakland supplies John East with the curved control plates? Excellent preamp BTW, I love mine.