Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what kind of speaker cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaworski, Jan 14, 2004.

1. jaworski

jaworski

Aug 18, 2002
    i came across the ultrabass bx3000t and was considering getting it because i don't have too much money and it seems to be a good deal considering but i'm not sure of what speaker cabinet to get.

i'm not sure i could afford to get two 8-ohm cabinets to take advantage of the full 300w so i don't know exactly what i should get first. i've read a lot of the pro's and con's about the different speaker sizes but was wondering if someone could simplify it for me because a lot of the reasons seem to be the sound amongst a live band/the venue your playing etc.

i mostly play music roughly from rock to metal (at the drive-in, deftones, tool etc.) and want something that will sound good in a band but wont lose that sound at a live venue. i was thinking 1x15 but a lot of people say it doesn't travel far, so i'm kind've lost with what i do coz i don't know much about the differences so any help would be good...

p.s. (i'm going back to the store to try out some basses properley but its hard to tell what it will sound like when your playing live if your in a music store). sorry for the length, and any advice would be appreciated