1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what kind of speakers are in my acoustic cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gvelush1, Feb 20, 2013.

1. hey all! i found an old acoustic cabinet in the basement. its not in the greatest shape cosmetically...wrapping is coming off, nameplate on the front is missing... and its too big to bring around on gigs so i pulled out the speakers to sell them but they are unmarked. its a 4/12 cab probably from the 70's, the dustcaps are the classic acoustic silver color.
    anyone know what i'd call them to list them properly for sale?

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    The 412 might be a guitar cab. Most the Acoustic bass cabs I've seen ise 15's in a standard comfiguration or 15's or 18's in a horn bin.

3. Take a pic of them. They could be very desirable or slightly above door stop. At least three manufacturers I know of had the silver dust caps. Could be gold you have in there.

4. so i think they are eminence speakers, code on the back reads 67-7320

5. Yep. Eminence 1973 vintage made in the 20th week. So list them as vintage 1973 Eminence 12" from Acoustic Control Corp cab. (Vintage.....that hurt! That was my HS graduation class year.)

6. thanks for the help b-string! sorry about the vintage status but everyone knows bass players get better with age..as opposed to singers.. or drummer.. or guitar players ;)

7. Thanks. Anytime I feel bad I just remember Kieth Richards is still alive! :D

8. thoughts on how much i should ask for them?

9. you are the man, thanks again b-string... for the record i rock the low B also..

10. Awesome! I just ran out of room on four strings, that low B really helps. 6 string in my future.......naw I'm good. :D

11. jungleheat

jungleheat Banned

Jun 19, 2011
    DC
    If you don't want the cab, why don't you just sell the whole thing with the speakers in it? You will probably get more that way, rather than (presumably) just throwing out the cab and trying to sell the speakers by themselves.