What kind of spider is this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Oct 13, 2005.

1. This thing has been living outside our kitchen window for a couple of days now and I am too fascinated with it to kill it. Does anybody know what kind of spider it is? It has been too long since I taught 6th grade science . . .
  2. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    An ugly one. :)
  3. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    i think it's kinda cute...
  4. That spider is like a Rickenbacker.....Ugly, but really cool looking at the same time.
  5. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    The only good spider is a dead spider...kill that ugly thing
  6. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000

if anyone knows my history with spiders..yes....
  7. Is that a brown recluse? look for my spider thread. another fascinating spider.
  8. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Let it bite you and wait. If you live and don't lose large portions of tissue, it's probably not a brown recluse.

I hate spiders as a rule, but that one is pretty cool-looking.
  9. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Hey, if they kill the mosquitos, I can deal with the creepiness. That spider is nothing. You should see the banana spiders we have at my ranch. Hideous (but colorful) 4-inch creatures with webs that I've seen up around 15 feet wide...spanning from tree to tree.

They also have some of the stickiest and strongest webs ever. I really hate it when I plow through one on the 4-wheeler going 30 mph. Yecchhhh.
  10. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    I've seen a brown recluse. They are tiny and you have to turn over a piece of something lying on the ground to see one. That is not a brown recluse.

My friend was bitten by one once and it proceeded to eat a hole in his leg. He called the nasty-looking bite "Meatwad".
  11. Right, I think I didn't mean brown recluse... I was thinking of the Golden Boy's thread from a bit ago.

That is a pretty common looking spider, in fact, I too have one outside my den window. It looks to be a garden spider.
  12. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    crhoton, can I name it for you?
  13. By all means.
  14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Call it Phil.

Or if it's a girl, Julie.
  15. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    I would have to reccomend bob, pronounced Ishmael, or possibly seven( ****waffle, perhaps?). take your pick.
  16. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    If only there was a Talkspider.com. :(
  17. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I dont know why but that made me laugh out loud :D
  18. Its like a bad Star Trek episode... on Talkspider.com, the alternate universe, someone finds an old Pbass in the attic and despairs because he can't identify it. "If only there was a talkbass.com, we could find out what year that was built..."

19. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It's an Araneas diadematus
  20. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Now theres no need to be calling each other names.

Come on....making up works is just unecessary