Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of strings use Fieldy from KoRn ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fozzy, May 27, 2002.

1. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    What kind of strings use Fieldy from KoRn ?Please help!
    I really whant to know what strings he uses....
    Fozzy

2. He uses strings ? woah ! :eek:

i thought he used rubber bands :p

3. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
  4. Uh, Fozzy... "Fieldy" is a six-letter word you may NOT wanna use in these boards...

Trust me on this one... ;) :D

5. nah... he doesn't play an ashbory bass... or does he?

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Its nice to see that there is at least one person around here that still wants to help people.

:rolleyes:

7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Yep, dem Fieldy jokes be old now. If everyone would be as kind as to give it all a rest now, thanyouverymuch.

8. yeah, those Fieldy jokes just don't click with me anymore either:p

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    after seeing fieldy's headstock in a different fieldy thread on here :rolleyes: it looked to me as if he were playing Dean Markley sr2000's. they had gold silks on the ends...having not ever played a set of super rounds, i don't know if they have gold silks as well...they may....

10. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    Yeah, Super Rounds have gold/yellow silk at the headstock end like the SR2000. BTW, I'm not really a Fieldy fan. Fozzy asked a question, I answered it.

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh, right on, then...i've never played the super rounds...i actually like quite a few of the korn songs. i dig mudvayne (pun intended) better, though ;)

12. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Well, aside from whether folks like Fieldy or not, DM Super Rounds are pretty good strings. I've used them on a couple of basses, and if you like Roto's, I think you'd like these. They're pretty similar in feel and sound to Roto 66's, another string I like. They also seem to last reasonably well for stainless strings, but I'm using Fast Fret these days, too.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    [Butthead]

"Just because something sucks for a long time, doesn't mean it doesn't suck any more, Beavis. hhhhhheh heh heh heh hhhhhhhhhhhhheheheheh heh heh heh."

[/Butthead]

14. A true philosopher that Butthead. :rolleyes:

15. I must clarify to fozzy that I was only giving him a friendly recommendation, since he may be new here (no I haven't checked the profile yet) and kinda sayin' that he should know Fieldy is a taboo topic on TalkBass.

Frankly, a joke here or there maybe, but I'm not into the whole Fieldybashing or Hoppusbashing thing. It's old and uncalled for.

BTW fozzy... if you buy strings don't buy'em just because bassist X uses them. Get info on different types of strings (what if light gauge is better for you than medium???) and of course get feedback from Talkbassers.

Good luck... and don't worry; if you like KoRn it's your call and your choice...

16. to all you Fieldy bashers out there...betcha he's sold more records than you!

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeh ... it doesn't speak well for Gen-X, does it?

18. true, but at least our celebrity icons are still alive... :rolleyes: :D

19. come on, arent these jokes getting a little Korny?

mwwuuuuhahahahahaa

sorry

sim