Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of strings..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Louise, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Louise

Louise

Feb 16, 2005
    N
    Good morning, good day and good evening.

.. do you use, and for what do you use them?

~L

2. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    You'd probably have more of a response if you posted at the section of the forums dedicated to Strings, as opposed to the section dedicated to actual basses.

3. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I only use Assmonkey brand strings..and you do not want to know what I use them for....you?

4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Oww, mental image of Dude's "G" string. Make it stop, mommy - it hurts! :p

Next up is the new "D-Retro". 3-bands of boost and cut... unfortunately, they're all in the range of the brown note. :bag:

Edit: as for answering the actual question and not making painkiller-induced jokes, I use a backlog of discontinued D'addario Prisms and new ProSteels (both stainless steel) for all my fretted instruments, and D'addario XL Nickels for the fretlesses (although I have my Fender Jazz Plus V strung with Elixir Nanowebs as part of their current marketing survey, but don't see myself purchasing them after I've through with the testing.)

5. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    That can be arranged for a price...but, one must consider why they got that precise mental image no?

:hyper:

6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Opioids and a lifetime of horror films. :eek:

7. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    That would be "opiates" junior...one must learn to "sit down" before they can attempt to "stand up" I always say...LOL

You're a "funny" little fat bastard huh???

:hyper: