1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what kind of strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Nov 3, 2001.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    hi im a new member this is my first post.i was wondering about my next string purchase.i do alot of slaping and some fingerstyle and i wouldnt touch a pick with a ten foot pole. im looking for a nice brite sound with good punch but also need good bass to. right now im playing with ernie ball 45-130
    i think. but they seem to go dead too quick does anyone have any sugestions on what to buy. thank you for your time.

p.s. i play a spector Q5(not the neck through)through a ampeg b-15 100 watt combo.

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    dunno ive run into this problem b4. I play punk and i want my strings to be as bright as possible. The brighter the strings the faster they die. Ive heard good things about the new DR's though, i think they're called hi-beams. I have stingray with a maple neck now though so i can slap old dirty strings on it and still get alot of punch out of it.