Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what kind of synth..?!?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ItalianBassMan, Feb 27, 2006.

1. ItalianBassMan

ItalianBassMan

Feb 27, 2006
    Hi everybody guys..I think I am the once italian guy of this forum..so please..if u read some mistake in my posts..be quite and think that I am italian ok..??I'll try to be most clear as possible.. tnx
    ok..I read something about the effect used by the bassist of MUSE in "time is running out"..evrybody says that uses a sinth..really..??
    I have the BOSS ME-50B and I can use the same effect arranging a BOTTOM BOOST, the BASS DRIVER ( that's the TECH21 SANSAMP BASS DRIVER DI) and a compressor..the resulting effect is almost the same but it isn't the same..
    I have 4 synth: SAW LEAD, MILD FILTER, DEEP FILTER and SQUARE..which of theese synth can I use to have the same effect..??
    thank you

2. Try either the deep or mild filter. You might also try experimenting with the octaver sounds as that might help get the lows you need. Square and Saw are more distorted sounds and are not the kind of smooth sound you're looking for. I have read that he used an Akai Deep Impact pedal but they have been discontinued and are hard to find and expensive.