Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of temper do you have?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Mellow - Almost non-existent ~ Winnie-The-Pooh like

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Mellow - up one knotch.

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Average - I can control it most of the time.

20 vote(s)
    39.2%
  4. Hot-head - I get mad very easily at little things.

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. Super hot-head - When I get mad, I take it out on those around me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Explosive - I really need help.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. C'mon, we've had all kind of polls from toilet paper to comparing women to coffee to asking if you carry a knife.

So, let's get to know each other better still. :)

Lie on Dr. Freud's couch, but, tell the truth. :D

Naturally none of these categories are exact. Tell a little or a long story as needed to explain yourself.

This should be interesting.

Mike ;)

P.S. I misspelled the word "notch" above. Now, I'm mad! :D

2. Mine is: Mellow - up one notch.

I can control my temper virtually all the time, but, if someone is deliberately trying to get me going - I let it go with much aforethought.

Note that I mentioned nothing in this poll about revenge. ;)

Mike

3. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    hmmm..."explosive" implies a fuse of some kind - be it short or long

what's beyond explosive ?

4. I have a foul temper. My one biggest weakness , really.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I don't get mad at anything.

ANYTHING.

My family however....

I told my mom that it might not be a good idea to mow grass in the rain, then she flung a spoon at me full force. I have a bruse the size of a quarter on my head now.

Needless to say i'm ready to get the heck out of here.

A dad thats on 600mg of steriods and a mom thats bi-poler and manic depressive don't make for nice conversations.

6. Someone really has to be really pushing me to get me angry. I'm a "live and let live" type of guy. I try to keep it in check because my girlfriend says I'm scary when I'm angry (not scared for herself). She claims my eyes change, and I'm not really sure what that means.

You get more flies with honey than with vinegar.

7. Average - I can control it most of the time.

I can get mad, but not express it sometimes..but there are those other times when I just want to hurt somebody...

8. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I can usually laugh stuff off and control myself, but if someone or something does something repeatedly for the sole purpose of pissing me off, it does just that. My computer knows this well.....

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:(

Somewhere between a hothead and a super hothead.

10. man i bet theres a lot of hot heads here...

im very mellow winnie pooh type. works for me :smug:

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hot head/Mellow up a notch.

It get angry at a lot of things, very, very easily. But it never shows. You probably wouldn't know if I was about to take your head off or was just fine.

I've got a short temper, but a long fuse. So most people might peg me at mellow up a notch, when in fact it takes very little to make me go into a foaming pyscho rage in my head. Takes a whoooole lot for me to even say "Dude..." let alone actually tak it it out on anyone.

Mellow like Mellow Yellow.

12. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    It varies for me. Most of the time i'm one of the most relaxed and laid back people you will ever meet. I get mad easily, but most of the time i don't show it. If you make me mad enough though, i go off full force. If you push me hard enough and persistant enough I'll let you know. If you're at my house and do something that i find not appropriate, i'll tell you to quit it one time and the next time you get the full force yell since I take it as a sign of disrespect and personal if you come into my home and mess around. I used to go to anger control counseling and i don't think it helped much as it just made me more irritated for having to go to the classes. I think maturing has helped a lot with my anger control. So, I think depending on the situation i span a few catagories. That's all

Edit: I voted hot head.

13. thumbtrap

thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    Martensitic with little bits of pearlite

14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Berserker

Icelandic

I work hard at being in control of temper.

Very in control.

There is no partial loss of temper possible.
    Blood feuds and death plague my past.

My coworkers have only seen me get angry once
    in 14 years. I slough it off and walk away.
    I understand what is underneath. They must never see it.

I carry an insult close to my heart forever.

Forever.

Scandinavians never forgive, ever.

It made my ancestors what they were.

I avoid having my back to a wall, and as most large men, I have nothing to prove, but I now know what I am capable of ...

I am know that if cornered, I will give no quarter.

I would rather walk away.

Than show you my temper.

I am not proud of that temper , but at least I know myself better now.

Thor

15. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    My temper with others is virtually non-existant. I rarely get mad at others, unless it is one of my peeves or something that is strictly against my morals. That rarely happens.

I have a very short temper with myself. If I do something dumb, I get very pissed at myself.

16. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'm a typical Scorpio. If I'm mad at you, I'll tell you. I'll be calm but I won't hold back if you keep revving me up. 5 minutes later, everything's back to normal.

My brother on the other hand won't tell you when he's upset, bottles it up, and bottles it up some more, then more again until BOOM!!! Massive explosion.

I prefer my way, and so does he........

17. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

That explains a bunch

Like how Grandpa was run out of Goteborg and went to hang with the Saami

And why, between the two of them, my parents had three ulcers

18. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Very Winnie the Pooh-like. I get impatient sometimes and cranky, but it's really tough to get me angry. I just figure what's the point. It's really not going to help to get mad over situations that already exist that I can do nothing about, so I try to just deal with things and move on.

:)

19. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    You calm rational people scare me :bag:

20. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    i was trying to figure out how to put this then boom, it came to me

i put down mellow up a nock, but...

im a hot head or a super hot head but ive learned in my short years how to control it, so... in other words im mad alot of the time but people (or my family, doesnt see it)

now heres where things go under the microscope. my familly pisses me off o so very much and they do know that, but only about half the time, the rest of the time its in my head running in cycles till it gos away

but on the other hand very rarely do my freinds piss me off im almost never mad at them, if i do get upset at them i tell them right away and we work it out right there where we stand (or sit, you get it)

so thats why i put what i put