What kind of temper do you have?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Mellow - Almost non-existent ~ Winnie-The-Pooh like

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Mellow - up one knotch.

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Average - I can control it most of the time.

20 vote(s)
    39.2%
  4. Hot-head - I get mad very easily at little things.

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. Super hot-head - When I get mad, I take it out on those around me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Explosive - I really need help.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to the philosophy that you can only be happy if you're pumping foreign substances into yourself. If you think that way, you've got bigger problems than you're temper......

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Fairly even tempered, except when trolls try to clog up TalkBass.

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Liquid: Mood enhancing drugs are definitely over-prescribed, IMO. An acquaintance of mine got a prescription for Paxil by simply asking her doctor - she had no real need for it. Seems like the admin people at my office are walking pharmacies - all legitimately prescribed, but sheesh. And FWIW, I wouldn't take those pharmaceuticals - too many side effects.

Pete: Gee, if your remarks were aimed at me, I'll say this: I also enjoy a couple of cups of coffee every day and a small snifter of scotch in the evening, and would hate to do without either of those. If that means I've got problems... I'll take those problems over just about anyone else's problems I know. Cheers!

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    No No, I certainly wasn't aiming anything at you. There are legitimate cases and there are people out there smart enough not to fall into the trap of abuse........ I've seen too many people get carried away with it and create bigger problems than they solved.

Sorry if I offended.

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yeah, I agree 100%. Like I said, I wasn't discrediting the whole seratonin angle, but I think that a lot people just look at those drugs and go, "Man, I hate where my life is right now, I could try to tackle my problems head-on and better myself........nay, I think I'll just get some happy pills". I think a lot of times Ritalin is just prescribed to children because their parents just don't feel like parenting.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to take a mood enchancing drug, (as I said earlier, I'm all for it if it's purpose is to help you learn more about yourself, not numb the emotions you are having) but using it to get you through life just because you don't feel like tackling what's really bothering is not really solving any problems at all.

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Pete: No offense taken, then. Thanks

:)

7. Recently I've been developing a Hockey temper.

I'm usually really cool and collected, but if you piss me off, you'll know it. I explode, and with a big bang. Example: When I was at Warped Tour I was contemplating buying some cds at a booth when I was told I needed to donate money to PETA (a donation jar was at the booth). I was so mad I yelled at the guy, and then canceled the deal.

Being really explosive is fun. I'm normally a really mellow guy, but if you piss me off good enough, its all fireworks from there. If I know it could escalate to a fight, I'll usually hold off as much as possible though.

Sort of like Homer Simpson's philosophy of putting all of your rage into a ball and then let it off on someone :)

But I never, repeat never, take it out on others who aren't involved in it.

8. i am average. i can control my anger most times. there was a time it was very, extremely, disgustingly, absolutely explosive. however, i learned to control it and shrug off the small stuff. now if it deals with my kids, and someone messes with them, beyond explosive, beyond the universe. other than that, average.

9. i get angry with my family (and its problems.) other stuff i don't have an issue with; if kids hassle me at school or work or something, i 'll just say "yeah...well, **** you" and move on with my life. that's how i deal with people i get angry with, or without the profanity or any words at all, and never get into big confrontations.
    i get more "frustrated" than angry (when i do get upset), and don't no what to do with all the energy that being upset gives me. so i either smash things or wind up hurting myself (yeah, i know. i "need help.".