Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kind of Warwick is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fathand, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Fathand

Fathand

Sep 24, 2005
    Finland
    ...besides that it's a Streamer? It's from 1999 AFAIK. Any idea of the Model, woods, sound etc? Looks like a Warwickesque P-bass to me. ;)

[​IMG]

2. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    That's a streamer standard.

They're not made anymore, and when they were they were entry level Warwicks.

-Alex

3. the_home

the_home Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    It is a streamer standard. It was the 'low end' of Warwick's line before they began Asian imports (rockbass). They come in one (pictured) or two pickup models. The body is carolegina (sp?) wood, generally very nice neck - bubinga neck, wenge board with bell brass frets. As an 'entry level' instrument it is a great deal because you get many of the features of higher dollar basses in a budget package. These usually run on the used market around the price of a new Rockbass - but the quality and features are better than the Asian models, IMHO.

4. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    I hate to say I played on at a GC once and I want to wretch.

I have the old school ones 1995 and the difference was just too much to bear, even for an entry level bass.
    My $300 ibanez from back in the day beats that thing up and down.:bag:

5. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Yeah....I played one once at a guitar center and I wasn't very impressed.

Although I did know a gentleman at a summer immersion program I went to who had a nice two pickup streamer std. fretless which was a pretty sexy bass.

They seem to be pretty hit and miss to me.