1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What kind of website does your band have?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by r6mile, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Myspace, MSN Space, etc...

35 vote(s)
    28.7%
  2. Orkut, etc...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Real website

72 vote(s)
    59.0%
  4. We have no website whatsoever

15 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. What kind of website does your band have?

P.S: Please post the adress

2. www.bulletproofbrown.com

There's a video clip and some mp3's on there. may take a while for the video to load though.

3. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
  4. steve21

steve21 Banned

we've got a crappy myspace.

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    My bands website is currently under construction, but you can check it out anyways and go to the media section to hear some of my bands sound clips.

www.heavyfogmusic.com

6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

We got a nice real domain webiste. Hasn't been updated in over a month. I'll get him to do that.

(check my signature)

7. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
  8. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    we have a real domain and a myspace. though i dont think either one has been updated in a while. :(

9. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    www.leavethursday.com

Bandzoogle is your friend. Professional web layouts, free domain registration, free email addresses, etc, etc, etc...

And all for under $20 a month. No contracts.

How can you beat that?

10. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    We have a pretty decent myspace running. www.myspace.com/leftbrainmusic I enjoy being able to target/test your demographic with it pretty well (for example, using the Search field by university or high school along other parameters, or "harvesting" the most active friends of other similar bands). Not to mention the pretty girls.

Down the line we are going to make a real web site but arent going to use it as the focal point of our online presence. It will be well-made but pretty static. The myspace will be more dynamic. It's where kids spend a lot of their time and has just about everything built in that you'd want on a band web page anyway.

11. http://www.black-rose.co.uk
    We mainly use it as a Gig Guide for the Local Punters, but the little extras keep everyone interested. One-off payment (cheap) for three years registration.

12. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
  13. SmittyG

SmittyG

Dec 24, 2003
    Texarkana, Texas
    My band has both a domain and a myspace account. The myspace account gets about 1000x the traffic as the regular web site. For a while, our regular site was down (about three months); I think only a handful of folks noticed. If myspace goes down, I'll have a stroke.

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  15. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
  16. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
  17. BuffaloMO