1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What kind of wire for wiring project?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Uncle Amos, Dec 12, 2005.

  1. Uncle Amos

    Uncle Amos

    Sep 3, 2004
    You all are probably sick and tired of my inquisitive posts, but here goes anyway:

    I need to know what type of wire I need for wiring a Jazz bass (with DiMarzio UJ pups, incase you needed to know) in V/B/T with a mini toggle for Ser/Par.

    I bought some wire from Radio Shack, a 3 pack of 20 gauge stranded wire. Is this all I need?

  2. Lyle Caldwell

    Lyle Caldwell

    Sep 7, 2004
    You can use it, though it's horrible to work with as the insulation melts at too low a temperature. I use Belden that I get from Mouser for about $30 a roll, but for smaller quantities you can get either cloth or PVC insulated wire for a lot less.

    basspartsresource.com and acmeguitarworks.com are two good sources.