Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What kinda car do you transport your amps in?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Mar 9, 2006.

1. I dont know if this goes in the amps section, because it kind of is amp related. but i just wanted to know what kinda cars you guys drive and fit your cabs and gear in. kinda like a what fits into what survey.

i drive a 1995 two door honda civic and fit my mesa powerhouse 1x15, 2x10, swr workingpro 700, my bass (either a ric 4003, or ernie ball stingray, both in hardshells, the ernie ball being the harder of the two to fit), and a book bag full of cables and what have you.

asking this because even though i just got my cabs in november i may be looking for one cab instead of having two to drag around, especially if i get a tube head. thanks in advance.

2. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    2004 VW Passat.......SWR Workingman 2x10c & 15T Cabinet.

It was almost a after thought when I got the car. Gee, will my amp fit! Well just barely. Large trunk and folding back seats! My next car, 2006 VW GTI will have no problem.....hatch back!

3. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    Ford Focus ZX3 (hatchback)
    Aguilar 8x10 and 8 space rack

4. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    2003 VW Passat

2 SWR Goliath III cabs (though I usually only roll with one).

ClassicJazz, I know what you mean, I bought the car and was pleasantly suprised when I realized that my cabs could fit in the rear seat. Although next time around, I'm going wagon, to hell with having to fold down the seats...

Shawn

5. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Ford Ranger 4x4
    WT1205
    410XLT
    King Cab so Basses in the front.

6. I have an 87 Vanagon -- Can carry lot's of stuff (like drums, 2 guitar amps and a 4X 10 and 1 x 15, maybe the double bass and has a smaller turning radius than a Dodge Neon. If that is not enough, we have a Ford F-250 Diesel and a 24 foot horse trailer:)

I think the car that's get's good mileage and can carry is a Toyota Camry SW if you can still get them (90's car). I think nowadays there is just too much flab in the new car's but not enough room.

MY friend came over with a Steinberger and a GK MB 150 in a motorcycle.

The're always the 2WD Tacomas with a camper shell.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    [​IMG]

8. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    2004 Saturn Ion Sedan...

5-space rack, 3 basses and 1 acoustic guitar, large pedal board, Aggie 1x15, and GK 2x10...

Also a gig bag of equipment (DI's, tools, etc.) and a suitcase of clothes for the weekend!! I have done this!!!!

I still had space for another suitcase, and the front seat was open..

9. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    2003 Ford Ranger XLT Standard cab... MY GOD IT's CROWDED!

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I fit my Mesa 400+ in a 5 space rack, and my Schroeder 1212 along with 2 basses and room for 2 extra passengers besides me driving ...all in my Nissan Maxima.

11. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    98 Jeep Cherokee, never had a problem fitting all my stuff in it..Jeep all the way

12. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    [​IMG]

Holds all my crap quite easily.

13. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    2006 Smart ForFour.

14. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    fits like a glove.. 2x10 and 2x12 Avatar cabs and my 5 space pre/poweramp case

[​IMG]

15. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    [​IMG]

As you can see my profile, I have 10x times bigger value of my car when transporting my equipment in it:smug: :D

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Best car yet. I'd love to get one of those and drop a 327 in it.

17. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    327 cc? I think that would STILL be an upgrade...

18. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Accugroove Tri 2-10 and Tri 1-12 fit in the back storage area without even putting the back seat down.:hyper: :hyper:

Attached Files:

19. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    WOW!!! I had a Renault 4 too (13 years ago now). I still buy Renault from time to time. Currently I move in my Renault Kangoo 4x4 van...

[​IMG]

ANDRUCA

20. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    My company's 2003 Dodge 3/4-Ton Ram Van with the 360 cu.in. V-8...

...but I'm seriously thinking about a Dodge Magnum in the not too distant future. I'm still working on the wife with this one...:meh: