1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What language do you speak?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stratovani, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Besides English?

I speak French of the Quebec style. :)

2. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    German, a little Russian, some Spanish, a touch of Italian. I'm only good at German, though.

3. oh français québécois... it sounds kinda funny, especially if you're used to french french and belgian french.

Luxembourgish,English, German & French and some random italian & spanish & flemish.

4. It definitely does sound very funny! To some extent it can become really really hard to understand!

I speak French (belgian) and could speak a bit of german if i got back into it... (used to live in Berlin years ago)

Spent 6 weeks in Argentina last year and i was surprisingly ok with spanish although i never spoke it before!

In the end the 2 languages i really speak are french and english though!

5. Jinro

Jinro

Oct 9, 2011
    West TN
    Japanese, and enough to Korean to barely survive if I were stranded on the streets of Seoul.

6. Funny, but to my ears European French sounds a but strange. But if you really want to hear some really funny French, listen to what the Cajuns speak down in Louisiana!

7. does swearing like a sailor count?

8. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I understand enough Spanish to get the idea of something being said to me in simple situations.

I speak enough Spanish to ask your name, order some food, order some beers, and ask where the bathroom is.

9. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I speak the language of love.

10. F* yeah me too dude lol.

I speak Italian too because I lived in Rhode Island for so damned long lol.

When people speak in my dreams, they're speaking in Italian..Weird huh?

11. French fluently, some basic Italian, basic Serbian, enough Swedish to get by, basic Japanese, basic Arabic, Portuguese (although I haven't used this in ages), Latin (yes, I can actually speak it like a modern language), ancient Greek (ditto previous comment about Latin), about 400 signs in BSL, 100 signs in ASL, some Spanish (picked up from a Spanish-speaking friend of mine) and some other phrases and words in about 10 other languages.

12. Español (main language), English and Spanglish! ;)

13. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    English, music, and B.S.
    I can spit those out pretty easily. Especially the latter.

14. EVERYONE speaks at least one other language: Gibberish!

15. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy

Nov 24, 2010
    Central Alberta
    A mixture of Quebec French and the French spoken in France.

16. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    dang, beat me to it.

i speak english and music. my dad grew up in europe and he spoke at least 4-5. i grew up in america and i am pretty darn bad at languages; i feel lucky that i have a decent command of spoken english (i know the rules of written english pretty goodly).

17. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    German, music, and English.

18. I speak English with an accent similar to Midwestern US, appropriate for a professional broadcaster.

Or I speak Swedish Chef: Eschverdy bass-a player hooorn!

19. Hem. Interesting question. I speak English (Montreal dialect) and Québécois French.

Except that at home we really speak Montreal's unofficial throat disease: Franglais.

20. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Native English speaker, four years of high school French under my belt, and living half an hour from Mexico, I've picked up some rudimentary Spanish.