Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What late night show has the best band?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Leno

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Conan

19 vote(s)
    67.9%
  3. Letterman

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    OK, a companion poll to the 'best host': which of the bands do you like? They all have great musicians (and bass playes) but I like Conan's band (Max Weinberg 7). Super tight groove.

2. mike bullard by far, except i cant stand watching more then the opening and closing part where the band plays

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Sorry, can I ask the moderator's to please add an "Other" alternative?

4. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Max Weinberg 7 without a doubt. If they could only find a drummer that wasn't such a "wacker"! (and I mean that):eek:But those guys can really play well.

5. I am in total agreement. Sometimes I watch for the 5-10 seconds before they go to commercial when they start up.

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    good idea, the Saturday Night Live band is pretty stellar too. but of the choices you mentioned Id have to go with Dave Lettermans

7. Max Weinberg 7

8. I voted Conan. I wanted to go with Letterman, because it's got Paul in it. He gotta be the coolest of all the bands leaders.
    HEY!! New thread Idea! I'll be back.:D
    *Darts off*

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Conan's band

bp13

10. *Sound of running getting nearer*
    Whew! I'm back, check the new thread!:D

11. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I really enjoy conans band, but that is the only late night show I watch so there aren't any other bands to compare.

12. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    sound of tired sigh..........................:rolleyes:.................
    post a link

13. for the same reason as in the other thread, I voted for Leno because I don't watch the other shows on a regular basis. but, OTOH, Barði in Gnarrenburg is pretty cool. :)

14. jburtonca

jburtonca

Nov 25, 2000
    Ottawa, Canada
    My current favorite is the Conan's "Max Weinberg Seven". The greatest of all-time was Johnny Carson's "Doc Severinsen and The Tonight Show Band".

Jeff

15. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    max weinberg, yo

16. I voted for the Max Weinberg 7, but I really think Mike Bullard's band on "Open Mike" kicks way more. And bandleader / bassist Oren Isaacs just kills.

17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Conans band Their basisst is incredible! Talk about the catchest walking line ive ever heard! He was also playing this AWESOME ashbory looking thing,,, but it looked like a VERY expensive bass. it was a look alike, or an exact one, but it was red, and BE YOU TA FULL!

18. I've been trying to find out who the guy from the Max Wienberg 7 is, but I can't seem to.

Whenever he's playing on Conan O' Brian, he looks as if he has 4 basses that he plays regularly. Lately, I've seen him with a vintage Fender Jazz, a Sadowsky Jazz, and some other bass with a funny lookin' headstock. He had a Modulus Jazz a while ago, don't know what happened to it, but man, that guy has got good taste, and tone!

19. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I think his name is Mike Merrit but checkthe Aguilar site just to make sure.