What!? Lil Jon's favorite is a Sadowsky.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tightbidness, Apr 14, 2005.

1. The May issue of BP arrived in the mail today. There's an interview with ATL session ace LaMarquis Jefferson, who's played with some of the biggest names in hip-hop and R&B. Apparently Jefferson's 5-string Sadowsky is Lil Jon's favorite. I imagine the sessions go something like this. . .

Jefferson: Would you like the Sadowsky on this track?
    Lil Jon: What?
    Jefferson: The Sadowsky! Should I play the Sadowsky?
    Lil Jon: What!?
    Jefferson: I'm going to play the Sadowsky.
    Lil Jon: OKAY!
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Whafrodamus: Do you find humor in this thread?
    Lil John: No.
    Figjam: Hey, I found $5.00
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I saw some episode of MTV Cribs with him, and he had a home studio. There was a bass on there, and I think it was a Yammer, but I can't recall. I remember at the time thinking "My that bass is prominently displayed."
  4. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

5. better explanation please
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Consider yourself lucky Rebirth of Slick.
  7. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

I saw that too, I thought it was an Ibanez, but it was only a glimpse, so I'm not sure. I wondered, when I saw it, if Lil Jon played bass...I guess he doesn't. I also remember seeing an MTV documentary on DMX (I think) and it showed some scenes of him in the studio playing a Fender P for a few tracks.

Lil Jon is also a big fan of hardcore, Dead Kennedys and Suicidal Tendencies and the like.
  9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Hip-hop producer.

10. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
  11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Major Metal Says " Yeah " to Sadowsky. :bassist:
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Which month was the Marcus issue? I got a subscription, and that was the first issue, but I thought it was March...I haven't gotten anyting since it, yet. That, and I lost that issue at school, so I can't check myself.
  15. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Like a fair amount of people in Hip Hop, Little John has more of a music background than is readily apparent. There was a good piece in the New york times a few months ago about his ability with the synthesizer. Hip Hop, like R&B before it, is more performance or show oriented in a way than rock. While in rock, the player is out front with his guitar, in hip hop or r&b, the front man or woman may be good musician, but the presentation will emphasize vocals, dancing, or some other aspect of presentation. Fundamentally, this is a cultural difference but it is rarely seen that way.
  16. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    GOvithoy- the Marcus issue is April. The March issue is Juan Alderete.
  17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Umm... let's try Miscellaneous for Lil Jon.
  18. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I bet you said that out loud to yourself didn't you? I've always imagined that there would be a lot of "my"s in a conversation with you. Maybe a lot of "My word!"s too.

brad cook