What Makes It What It Is?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickbass, Dec 6, 2002.

1. warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Speaking strictly of cabs what makes them who they are, what makes Ampeg Ampeg, and SWR SWR, and so on... you get the point. Any bass cab you can think of. concider size, weight, cost, sound, style, wattage handeling, and anything else you can think of.
  2. okay, i might be a little drunk, but i don't think that's the main reason that i can't understand what the heck you're trying to ask.
  3. the label that says the name
  4. chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    What he's asking is what is the nature or spirit of each of these products that makes them distinct. Easy, each of these is the expression of the vision of each designer.
  5. i think warwick bass may be the one whos a little drunk j/k
  6. warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    I guess im asking for your overall opnion on cab companys, what you think makes them greak or makes them crap, and heck if people can post "story time" and other dumb games for the bored like that, (not that im dissin dumb games for the bored) i dont see any problen in this post :)
  7. warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    great ....:rolleyes: thats why i have a disclaimer...
  8. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    The name on the front of the cab?
  9. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Swr is clear and fat,

ampeg is punchy and tight

eden is warm?

carvin is poop.

IMO, IME, ETC.
  10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Who is SWR? Or Eden??

I know of only one amp maker. Ampeg. Hmmph.:p
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
  12. It all comes down to design. Any good manufacture can read design specs. and reproduce whatever. Look inside just about any amp. How many different brands of components make it up? Manufacturers really only assemble parts made by other manufacturers made by other manufactures until you get down to the level of melting the down the raw materials. Kinda like the food chain. The design is the key.
  13. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    hes looking for a general reveiw of the different brands. The characteristics of each brand in short.

I dont have this info myself...but it must be available somewhere...of course itd be second hand.
  14. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Describing cabinet characteristics is like describing what food tastes like. When I eat I let my taste buds tell me, when I'm trying bass cabs I let my ears tell me. What I think might be warm and punchy you may think is nasal and grindy?? Its all subjective. Good luck in your search.