What makes you weird?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kwesi, Mar 21, 2011.

1. So? What makes you weird? I'm sure we all have stories that could get us insta-banned but let's keep it PG-13, shall we :D?

-I have been known to skip randomly

-I have been known to squeal with glee randomly

-I turn my car off to the beat of the music (lights off, parking brake, shift into park, remove key)

-I like girls that are taller than me

Your turn! I'm sure I'll think of more later ;)

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    -I'm a bass player

/thread
    ;)

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    You look like a squealer. :D

You'd be better off if I got my wife or one of my lifelong friends to answer this question. I don't think I'm weird at all.

-Mike

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Define normal, and I'll tell you why I'm "weird".

5. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Have a flipper

/thread.
    :smug:

6. I'm honest, not because I think its the right thing to do, but because I just dont care what people think at all.

7. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy

Nov 24, 2010
    Central Alberta
    I'm quite introverted, and I enjoy being 'inside myself'. I enjoy time with my thoughts, reading, playing music, noodling around on the computer, things that have little or nothing to do with talking to other people. Therefor, I never really bothered learning how to 'properly socialize' with folks, and unless I've known you for long enough (on a regular basis) and am comfortable enough around you, conversation will be slow and awkward. I feel like I'm acting much of the time.

So...What makes me weird (to other people. I find myself to be quite normal) would be I'm 'too quiet'. The fact that my neutral face looks somewhat angry doesn't help a lot.

-On top of that, I'm normally always tapping a beat to something (there's always musical gears griding in my head, always).

-I like older women (I'm quite happy that my girlfriend is 3 months older than me)

-I suppose the fact that I have mild Tourettes Syndrome might add to a bit of 'weirdness'. If anything, it's like Tick Syndrome, but I've managed to get it under control since elementary. ...I once told a guy (quite loudly, I might add) in a mall to 'shut his ____ing mouth, or I'll shut it for him' because he was making fun of a kid (a KID!) with Down Syndrome. I know how it feels to have people stare at you and make fun of you, and I won't put up with people doing it to others.

There's probably more, but I can't think of any right now.

8. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Man, you described me better than I could ever hope to describe myself. I don't even have anything to add at this point, you summed it all up. :cool:

9. The fact I have 'hair like a blonde Einstein', the fact I a bit awkward around people I don't know, the fact I laugh far too loud and the fact I am ALWAYS tapping some drum rhythm on a table makes me weird.

10. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    If by "Weird" you mean, not like a vast majority of the 17-22 year old population, then there are so many reasons that I could not even begin to list them.

I dunno why, I just turned out like this :D

11. Pssh, go for it! You don't have to list them all :p! I'm sure most of us could type pages on our weirdness :D.

12. I can't burp.

If you stick a Q-tip in my right ear, I have an uncontrollable coughing fit.

My farts are always silent. Without fail.

13. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    I have red hair

I'm 6'3" and dating a girl that is 5'2"-ish. And like it!

I wake up at 5:23am for school

I love the smell of a room where someone has burnt a lot of very strong incense.

I put a trem block in my strat.

My bass face makes it look like I'm going to murder someone.

14. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    I can cook fairly well.

I can name just about any bird in Europe.

I get on with my techers better than I do with the rest of my Grade.

Winston Churchill, Aragorn, Bon Scott and Concorde all share wallspace with GTA and Star Wars V in my room.

Besides that, I'm just a little odd.

15. Buzzi

Buzzi

Nov 19, 2008
    Joinville, Brazil
    I am now weird..

I am eccentric... :D

16. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    I yell at mice with my shirt off.

17. World of Warcraft
    Anime
    My own unique sense of "style"
    i say turnt instead of turned

interesting side note here. the last band i was in played metalcore. our drummer was 16 and still in highschool. He's very popular. One day i turnt =) to him and said "wait a minute, you play and listen to metalcore and deathcore and your popular?" he said yep i said "and ur friends know you listen to metalcore?" he again said yep. so i'm 9 years older than him and when i was in highschool you were an outcast for listening to metal, got made fun of and such..

just found it interesting.

18. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Other than the five bodies under my gazebo?

I'm pretty quiet, and mostly keep to myself......

19. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    I say warsh instead of wash when it comes to warshing clothes, dishes, and my car, but I still pronounce it George WASHington :p

20. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I have domestic hermit crabs.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021