1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Markbass Cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dwellers, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dwellers

dwellers Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Norcal
    Hi...noob here but happy to see this sight and all the bottom lovers here. :)

I just bought a Markbass New York 151 and really enjoy it at relatively low volumes. Plus it is SO light compared to my older Eden 4x10 and even 2x10. But I'm not sure how it will hold up with a loud band.

Markbass seems to have quite a few different cab widths and I can't seem to find what, other than another NY151, would sit nicely on top of it. I would like a 2x10 or some other small cone speaker to get some more highs (especially at ear level) and complement the 15. Also, looking for the volume I'll get with full wattage at 4 ohms.

Currently I'm using an older Eden Traveler (400 watts I think) which I do hope to replace with a MB Big Bang or LMIII soon (thoughts on those amps appreciated too). The difference between lugging 20 lbs. vs. 4 in the gig bag is amazing.

TIA!

--D

2. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    Another NY151. Done.

3. Stone Soup

Stone Soup

Dec 3, 2012
    /thread

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021