Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What marshall bass head is this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hesuses, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Hesuses

Hesuses

Jul 21, 2005
  2. I think I've seen one of those. I think it might be called a "Guitar and Bass" head or something like that. It don't believe it was very high powered (somewhere between 50 and 100 watts) and was not tube. For these reasons, I lost interest pretty quickly.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    It probably looks like this one...

Those amps were made in the mid '70s, were 100 watts (IIRC) and were indeed solid state. They were marketed in the US as a more affordable Marshall and matched with Big M cabinets that IIRC had American made (non Celestion) speakers in them.

I think that I have an owner's manual for one at home. If you're truly interested, I can scan it and send it to you. Please PM me it you're interested.

I might have some other info as well. I'll have to check.

A few years (?) ago, a fellow TBer was asking about his Marshall combo bass amp (or new speakers for same). His amp was essentially that head conjoined with a Marshall 4x12 cabinet...I'd never seen one before, it was very cool!!!