1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What, me worry? (with poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Killed_by_Death, Nov 5, 2018.

1. No, you're free to use the mfr. coupons as you see fit!

46 vote(s)
    80.7%
  2. Yes, you were taking advantage of the store!

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Should have bought carrots!

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. There is a caveat to all this, the use-by date is tomorrow, so I froze 4 for next week.

I'll check out the use-by date on those baby-back ribs next time I'm in there.

2. pht2356

pht2356

Apr 28, 2018
    Los Angeles

3. pht2356

pht2356

Apr 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    The only thing that i see you did wrong involves a moral judgment. Shoulda smoked them

4. They've already been smoked:

45467591_10157179894469617_7496556516825104384_o.?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-1.

pcake likes this.
  5. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    well done, KBD!

when pepcid first went OTC, they had a coupon on each box of pepcid you could cut out and send away for more pepcid - a mini pack. i didn't pay for pepcid for over two years :D

6. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    I'm surprised in this world of no load store managers, that the manager was anywhere near a register, or cared about your purchase or coupons. That wouldn't even be a factor in my neck of the woods.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  7. I'm actually saving them money, because tomorrow they're going to donate them to the food bank.

BurnOut, slobake and pcake like this.
  8. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    ah! so by buying all those ribs you're doing them a service!

BurnOut, slobake and Killed_by_Death like this.
  9. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    The rib company also pays them the coupon money too.
    I couldn't get a manager to come from wherever they were hiding, if I was engulfed in flames at the checkout line.

It's funny a Kroger ad is at the bottom of the page.

10. are you sure? I posted that like three times already and people still insinuate KBD is ripping 'someone' off 'somehow'. What gives?

BurnOut likes this.
  11. That's right, the coupons are mailed in for a payment to the store, so no one lost any money.
    $4/lb. isn't a screaming deal, but it's pretty good for already-smoked ribs.

BurnOut likes this.
  12. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I don't think that's even possible. How does one... get tired of ribs?

BurnOut likes this.
  13. I had another half-rack for lunch today & we'll be having them for dinner again tomorrow.
    This evening it's chicken cordon bleu, however.

14. At least he bought the ribs at a grocery store. That way, no animals were harmed in producing them.

ak56, rendevouz and BurnOut like this.
  15. I think you were in the right, and I would have done the same. I do find it a bit annoying when the elderly (heck I'm one) have a butt load of coupons they just remembered they had so I'm forced to read the tabloids in the rack while waiting.

16. These were specially "brewed" in Axlotl tanks, which is why they have such a long shelf-life.

cryptic Dune reference

ak56, BurnOut and slobake like this.
  17. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

My patron saint!

slobake likes this.
  18. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Pork also won't be exported much for the time being. It is a good time to like the taste of pork. I prefer goat, but pork ain't bad.

19. mikeoso

mikeoso Acoustic Curmudgeon

Feb 14, 2014
    eastern Iowa
    No question of legality there. Always seen you as a guy who thinks for himself regardless of popular opinion. Quite sure you have your own view of the ethics, and surprised you even give a large rat's tuckus what anyone else thinks about it.

slobake likes this.
  20. I don't actually, but at the time I was puzzled by the store manager's attitude. If you'd seen it in person it would hold more weight, LOL!
    I've since put down the their current batch of baby-back ribs' use-by dates in my calendar so I can go rake those up next month.

When I whipped out my debit card from another bank, the looks on their faces was priceless!