1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What, me worry? (with poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Killed_by_Death, Nov 5, 2018.

1. No, you're free to use the mfr. coupons as you see fit!

46 vote(s)
    80.7%
  2. Yes, you were taking advantage of the store!

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Should have bought carrots!

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Someone still has a problem with you going back to the store with coupons retrieved from a previous purchase which was done with coupons you got in the mail. Duh.

2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    You aren’t the only one with a smoking problem. :D

Fishheadjoe and Gaolee like this.
  3. ribs for dinner & now I'm chewing on the super-spicy pickles we got for half-price
    Sometimes it's good to enjoy spicy foods, because they'll put the stuff that's too spicy for the general public on clearance.

True to my hoarder form, we have 6 jars, LOL!
    They're really great!

The juice is great for cooking, as well.
    sausages poached in pickle brine, magnifique!

pcake likes this.
  4. 49365895.

Attached Files:

5. Yours or mine?

6. Ribbed, for your pleasure.

shadowtippy likes this.
  7. Picked up another 3-1/5 lbs. today for only $8, different brand, slathered in chilli sauce.

8. Using up those coupons before their expiry date 31-Dec-18:

IMG_20181209_092455850.

We're getting tired of them, though.
    So most of these will get frozen for later.

ThudThudThud and fhm555 like this.
  9. cmcbass

cmcbass

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    My first job was at a CVS/pharmacy. There were some customers, one Lady in particular, who would clip tons of coupons. People could fill up a whole cart with junk, then walk out of that store paying around 5 dollars. Real "professional" couponers. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of what you're allowed to do.

MJ5150 and Killed_by_Death like this.
  10. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I’ve been seeing the Kingsford products in my local market but they don’t seem to have any problem moving them. At least not enough to coupon them in the store. Or perhaps they move so well because of a coupon offer and i’ve just missed it, but as much as i enjoy making my own pre packaged is not something i’d have much interest in.

MJ5150 and Killed_by_Death like this.
  11. Your final name change will be: Killed_By_DiscountPorkRibs.

cmcbass and Killed_by_Death like this.
  12. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    Those are pretty good. Use some of the meat for a roadhouse chili.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  13. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    I still have an issue with the whole coupon thing. Sure, I know they like to gather data on who is buying stuff, but that's what club cards do isn't it?
    Why can't they just charge a reasonable price for the food rather than playing games.

For example:
    Local supermarket has Buillet Rye 'on sale' at $21.99 per bottle - using their club card.
    This can fluctuate between $19.99 and $25.99 depending on the day (literally).
    Regional average price is about $23.00. You can pay that pretty much anywhere else.
    The advertised price at the supermarket without the club card is $35.99 per bottle.
    Nobody has ever bought a bottle at $35.99 (they can check their databases...).
    When you get the receipt they gleefully tell you that you 'saved $14.00.'
    I didn't. I maybe saved a dollar from going to another supermarket.