1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

What MIDI controllable effects / amps are people using? Controller maker advice.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chroma Coda, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Chroma Coda

Chroma Coda Commercial User

Nov 16, 2017
    Poly Expressive / Chroma Coda
    Please delete this thread if it's not appropriate, the commercial use policy seems to allow it.
    --Threads may be created in order to solicit user input and opinions regarding a product in development. Any abuse of this exception will not be tolerated. Poly Expressive isn't out yet and I still need input!

I make a MIDI controller and I'm keen to find out what MIDI controlled effects and amps people are using and any issues they have with existing controllers. I mostly use Chase Bliss, Pigtronix and Positive Grid gear and DAWs.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Personally I’m currently using MIDI to control an Eventide H9 Max and, for iOS, ToneStack Go and Loopy HD. Most pedals that use MIDI go along with pretty standard protocols- the real differences will be if you’re going to target users of products like the Axe FX and Helix, where the inclusion of sending IA/stompbox messages within presets is necessary.

Chroma Coda likes this.
  3. Chroma Coda

Chroma Coda Commercial User

Nov 16, 2017
    Poly Expressive / Chroma Coda
    Cool, We've tested with Helix and Bias Amp / FX already, and Axe FX / Kemper uses were really interested at Summer NAMM so they are a big focus. I haven't got any friends with a Kemper though so I'll have to try and hunt one down.

I've never heard of ToneStack Go, thanks for the info. I'll have to check out more of the iOS stuff. Loopy is great though.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021