Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What model Ibanez is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Figjam, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Eoghan

Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    Australia.
    It has the body shape of the k5, so im going to say an old SG. But really, I dont know.

2. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    SR for Sure, looks like a SR 640 (except oval inlays and nicer top), but way better. Custom maybe?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes im aware it looks like an SR and can be related to several of them but thats why i asked. It is hard to put a # on it bc ive never seen an ibanez with a top like that.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    main reason im curious is that $500, to me, is a good deal for the Sr3000e, which is the one ibanez i dig, and if this is either some older ibanez tahts as good as that or bette r or a custom, that seems like a decent deal. My girlfriend needs a new bass and im always on the prowl for good deals.

5. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    yeah, im stumped at the the model No. too, good luck mate.
    id buy it tho! go for it, with new strings i bet it would sound pretty damn nice

6. Mmm, yeah right ;) Secretly SHE's the one with the Alembic fetish and it's you that owns every Ibanez made since the bodies looked like amoeba's :bag:

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nope, heh, im being sincere ;) I dont need a new bass, got my musicman sterling.

8. My girlfriend has a Spector fetish, but that's lame compared to my Zon fetish... See, even my fetishes are cooler than hers!!!

~Ryan

9. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    +1, nice call HB!!

10. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I believe that's a SG3004, or the first model of it. I had a bass that was a 6-er that has all the same wood and control features and it was 3006 something Soundgear Custom. Sounded and played really well, actually.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A google search for SG3004 reveals nothing :<

12. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Check the Ibanez website and see if they have a discontinued models section. Most manufacturers do, so it'll probably be on there.

I can't for the life of me remember that model number... But it was a pretty slick bass!

13. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
  14. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    have the seller pull off the neck and look in the pocket, i had an sr5005 and the only place it was written was in pencil on the base of the neck and the body....

15. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Looks great! Pick it up!

<-- Ibanez fan

16. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

That's a nice looking top! I'm sure it's a custom of some sort.

17. Lasse B

Lasse B

Jun 3, 2005
  18. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    It is tough to tell from those pics but that top just looks paper thin. It barely even covers up the front of the bass. I haven't seen alot of these basses with tops, and I am no expert on "Ibeenhad's" to be sure. I realize the basses are quite contoured which limits the extent to which the top wood would extend to the edges of the bass, but that just looks "funny". I can't say that is doesn't look "right", but it sure doesn't look good!!