1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What model is this, what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sandu, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Sandu

Sandu

Oct 23, 2007
    Bucharest, Romania
    A local seller is advertising the following bass as an Ibby Soundgear SR1000, and he ain't giving much detail, except for "active pickups" and a long history of playing. However, for an SR1000, if it truly is one, it is very well priced, and I wouldn't mind making a bit of profit to fund my next beast (4 strings aren't my thing at all).

So, does anyone have any idea about the model, the specs and its price? I searched for an SR1000 with a mahogany body and P/J setup, but no luck so far.

silly me, forgot the pic

This one appears to be it http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/basses/sr/gal-sr1000.htm, except it's ash-bodied.. mine's mahogany, but the rest is spot-on. No price unfortunately

2. Kennethfaria

Kennethfaria Banned

Mar 12, 2008
    they used to make these a while back not sure about now. What is the seller asking for?

3. Used Ibanez basses don't really have that great of resale value. So unless he is selling it for $100, don't expect to make much money reselling it.

lowsound

4. Sandu

Sandu

Oct 23, 2007
    Bucharest, Romania
    The seller's asking for 400 euros, or about 550 dollars I guess, but I was thinking since the current line of SR1000's is going for 1100E new, maybe I could squeeze another hundred or two euros for myself.

5. Sandu

Sandu

Oct 23, 2007
    Bucharest, Romania
    Any more ideas? Remember everything is more expensive here in Europe...