1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Month for new Rondo stock?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jtc_hunter, Aug 6, 2007.

1. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    Does anyone know what month Rondo will get its new stock in? They seem to be scraping the bottom of the barell before they load up for the next year. I am really interested in the upgraded model of the 3 tone SB jazz, but am hoping they come out w a rosewood fingerboard instead of maple.

2. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    I just received the August specials email from Kurt and he answers this question:

"You may have noticed we are nearly out of most of the SX basses, and Agile AL-2000s. I expect the SX back by the end of September – and the Als around the same time."

3. shannons

shannons

May 29, 2007
    W. Seattle, WA
    Endorsing artist: Ampeg
    Good! I'm anxiously awaiting the Douglas 6-string jazz basses he said would be hitting the store around fall time.

I MUST have a 6-string jazz soon.

4. David Cardoza

David Cardoza

Apr 16, 2004
    Just got the same email as Rugaar, sign up for email at Rondo's site... it can be very helpful to get these notifications.

Word of advice for anyone considering buying a particular model.... don't wait. Get it as soon as you can when it is available. With the press these pieces are getting, and the luck people are having with various mods, stock is moving fast, and I'm personally glad that business is good for Rondo.

Here's MY plug... I'd recently received my first unit from them, an SX SJB-75 LTD NA... an absolute beauty. But, it seems there was a pup ground problem, so I had to reluctantly send it back for replacement. Reluctantly because I was worried that I would not get back such a nice piece of wood. The replacement (and shipping reimbursment) came back quicky. And, this one was even better.... outstanding customer service.

Dave

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    I'm recording an album in two weeks. It would be nice to have another 6 string in the arsenal.

6. CountBassy

CountBassy

Jan 20, 2001
    New Castle, DE
    Kurt just told me that at some point they'll have ash jazz bodies in to go along with the alder ones they're selling now. He also told me a while back that they should have 5 string jazz models in ash available at some point this fall.

:D