1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What music does your 1 year old like?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassteban, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Sophia Elise(15 months)likes Cyndie Lauper- claps in time to 'Time after time'.

Attached Files:

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Both of my kids loved Reggae when they were at that age. I'm talking about the more traditional stuff like Marley, Tosh, and though they are less traditional than the previous artist, Black Uhuru. Other than that, anything with a beat that was not too complicated seemed to soothe them. Straight ahead jazz, fusion and other music where the artists are busier didn't work so well. I can see where the track you mentioned would be enjoyable for her. BTW, she's drop dead gorgeous. :) ;)

3. My other 2(now 5 & 7)liked music, but not like this one; she begins to bounce as soon as anything comes on. I'll throw on The Cure real loud, & she will DEMAND being picked up & danced with big time. Sha also loves to drum, & does it well. BTW, that pic is a couple of months old; her(formerly)natural mohawk lays flat now. :(

4. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Rebekah, 16mo- anything off the Cinderella movie (stab a fork in my ears now, Bibbidy Bobbity puke!!!), The Charlie and Lola theme (actually not too bad), and her and my boy (Luke 3 1/2) will both sit and watch my Victor Wooten DVD for hours, I am so proud ~sniff sniff~

5. at that age both of my kids liked "sweetleaf" by black sabbath... mainly cause i used to sing the guitar part while changing their diapers...

at age three my son told my girlfriend that when he grew up he wants to be either daddy or a beatle... i almost cried :)

6. When my 7y/o was 1yr she liked the Red Hot Chili Peppers(she's into Level 42 and Kids Bop now), my other daughter who is 11 months loves to watch the Rush's R30 DVD. No kidding.

7. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    Both my 16 mo. old and 4 year old like my Blue Man Group Complex Live DVD, Rush in Rio, and Opeth's Lamentations.

In the car, they'll listen to anything I put on without complaining, but they both love Charles Mingus, Tool, Opeth, and my four year old likes when I put on Fear Factory or Meshuggah.

So far, the only classical music they'll listen to is the stuff they've heard on Little Einsteins, and for some reason, the Kronos Quartet's Black Angels album ("Daddy, this music sounds kinda scary" "It's supposed to, son. Do you want me to change it?" "No, I like getting the creeps") Sniff. Makes me proud.

My 16 mo. old son will start headbanging the second he hears distorted guitars and double bass. It's so darn cute, I wish I had a video camera.

8. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]

Orion (pictured above - he's 17 mo now) is a big big fan of Burning Spear's "Marcus Garvey" and Easy Star's "Dub Side of the Moon". He also likes Rush and Peter Gabriel a whole lot. His older sister was more partial to jazz and classical when she was that age but she's come around since then.

9. My almost 2 year old likes Laurie Berkner band and Jonathan Richman.

[​IMG]

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021