1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what needs to be invented?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Icey101, Mar 21, 2013.

1. my idea is for personal body armour made out of carbon fibre and kevlar, ultra thin and can be worn under your shirt without anyone knowing, can take a 9mil slug....also has arm and leg extentions as accessories. Can be cooled and heated with evironmental controls and has a back to base mobility connection for tracking. Is there technology that can do this?

Another would be an Ap that can convert an mp3 to tab for all the music parts, recognises the frequencies and writes out the tab parts for everyone to learn.

what else needs to be invented?

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    A snare drum that won't vibrate sympathetically when the snares are engaged!

3. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    There's a ton of telemetry technology out there- RFID being the cheapest and smallest, but the transponder needs to be placed in the area where it's least likely to be damaged. Doesn't require power, either. Cooling will be tricky- can't do that with wires, unlike heating.

As far as tab, etc and keep in mind that this is coming from someone who has never used it, I think it would be better to learn to read standard notation and learn songs by ear. Ultimately, you'll need to be able to tell if it's being played correctly and tab won't do that if the player doesn't play it in the same positions as what was notated. My first music class was in 2nd Grade and continued through 8th Grade and I played trombone in band during 5th& 6th, but I had started learning by ear very soon after starting on guitar when I was 9. It soon became second nature and cuts the amount of time needed to a minimum.

4. qervo

qervo

May 18, 2011
    A 8" bass combo amp that can handle 1000 watts , deliver frequencies 20 to 20k and weighs less than 10 pounds.

5. A pill that makes sleep unnecessary. I'd get so much more stuff done.

6. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    10 pounds- this is on the Moon, right?

7. qervo

qervo

May 18, 2011
    Lol.. By the time someone invents that , we all may be playing gigs on the moon.

8. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Shut-up juice that actually works...bottled, or canned.

9. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    In space, no one can hear you bass.

10. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    This should be mandatory wear for all students in public schools, colleges, and universities in the U.S., imo.

Otherwise, some kind of walk-through screening device which can detect a firearm. And not alarm when a set of keys or large belt buckle passes through it.

Just declaring a schoolyard a "safe zone" apparently dont cut it.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Get this, guys! An elevator. To space. Or, at least the moon.

12. qervo

qervo

May 18, 2011
    If it ever got into the wrong hands (criminals) there would be mass robbing and killing. People would just walk in homes, banks, perhaps schools and not give a second thought about being shot.

13. qervo

qervo

May 18, 2011
    I hear this is already in the works. The elevator would be attached to a flexible but strong ribbon that attaches to the moon . I think I saw it on the discovery channel but ill try to dig up more info on it.

14. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    LOL.

15. Polyphonic pitch to MIDI that tracks perfectly for bass.

16. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    Bullet proof vests that are thin and can handle .40 S&W (stronger than 9mm) already exists. I wore it almost every day.

17. qervo

qervo

May 18, 2011
  18. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    3d printing on a molecular scale. Download the blueprints for anything and print it in your own home from a few raw materials, from food, to medicine, to electronic devices.

19. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I think we should invent a society that combines education, social equality, and services so that we don't feel the need to have to go to continuously longer lengths to feel safe.

Also a musical stream of consciousness downloading device, so all these ephemeral ideas I have wouldn't disappear into the ether so easily.

20. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yes. And, yes.