Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What new bass to trade for my SR405?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nofatchics, Feb 16, 2003.

1. nofatchics

nofatchics

Feb 16, 2003
    Howdy do. ive been playin bass for a couple of years now and recently ive been a bit out of touch with it. i currently own a ibanez sr 405 and i want to go back to the 4 srting because i made a dumb mistake and went onto the 5 too soon (plus while enjoying the low rumble of the B i found the novelty wore off very quickly for me).

so the point is i want to trade my ibanez in and get a new 4 string. what basses would you recommend

ps i will probably only get about $5-600 (au) (im guessing) and i dont really want to fork out too much extra dosh after the trade. yep

any info or help will be much appreciated.
    cheers.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I changed the thread title to something more descriptive...

3. nofatchics

nofatchics

Feb 16, 2003
    yeah anyone.... lil help...

4. MTD Kingston 4. Only around $450 American, and a bass that absolutely rocks anything under $600 IMO. Very high quality instrument. Lacks a little lows, but that is EASILY COMPENSATED FOR with the amp.

You won't regret it. Much higher-quality bass than the Korean Ibanezes (I don't remember where those '80's ATK's were made, but those ROCKED). Slightly bigger string spacing though (3/4'' at bridge).

The greatest part is the playability - the neck is great. A VERY slight chunk to it, but I have small hands and have abolutely no trouble with it, ESPECIALLY the 4-string.