What new bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Metallideth, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    Ah i know this is a very overdone question and yove heard it a thosand times.

I just recently bought my 2nd bass (Epiphone thunderbird IV) and it had the worse tone ive heard in a while, because i made a mistake, Buying it before i personally played it. Comparing that to my cheap carlo robelli my Robelli was still leaps and bounds better. Now im returining the epiphone (full price i hope ;) ) and will have to start looking for a new bass to try out. im in the 350-400$ range and suggestions?
    IM looking for a warm punchy tone , 4 strings
    i play old metal and many other genre's for the fun of it. anyway thanks in advance. :help:

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You need a MIM Fender Jazz.
  3. If i were you I woudn't even bother looking outside of the MIM fender J or P's. I just played one yesterday and oh man it sounded great. maybe those 12 million dollar exotic basses sound better but who cares? if you don't have the easy life with a great paying job, and you struggle to make ends meet then get something that sounds great and has a great price.
  4. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    MIM Fender P & J basses
    MTD Kingston
    Used Lakland 55-01

That would be my short list in your stated price range.

5. deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    musicians friend has the yamaha 774's for 249.99. I just got mine Thursday and it is a killer deal. Very good tone and I play metal.