Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What new bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Metallideth, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    Ah i know this is a very overdone question and yove heard it a thosand times.

I just recently bought my 2nd bass (Epiphone thunderbird IV) and it had the worse tone ive heard in a while, because i made a mistake, Buying it before i personally played it. Comparing that to my cheap carlo robelli my Robelli was still leaps and bounds better. Now im returining the epiphone (full price i hope ;) ) and will have to start looking for a new bass to try out. im in the 350-400$ range and suggestions?
    IM looking for a warm punchy tone , 4 strings
    i play old metal and many other genre's for the fun of it. anyway thanks in advance. :help:

:D

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You need a MIM Fender Jazz.

3. If i were you I woudn't even bother looking outside of the MIM fender J or P's. I just played one yesterday and oh man it sounded great. maybe those 12 million dollar exotic basses sound better but who cares? if you don't have the easy life with a great paying job, and you struggle to make ends meet then get something that sounds great and has a great price.

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    MIM Fender P & J basses
    MTD Kingston
    Used Lakland 55-01

That would be my short list in your stated price range.

Peace,

James

5. deftim69

deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    musicians friend has the yamaha 774's for 249.99. I just got mine Thursday and it is a killer deal. Very good tone and I play metal.