What new magazine would you like to see

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Apr 25, 2014.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

I would like to see a magazine for slobs.
    We have G.Q. Vogue, Men's Fitness and all kinds of publications about beautiful people wearing expensive well fitting clothes. I don't care what the latest hot trend is for men. I don't need another article about how to get six pack abs in a magazine filled with glossy ads designed to make my step lighter by emptying my wallet.
    I want a magazine for guys who think shaving is an option and get dressed up when they put on new sneakers and a clean t-shirt. No more Mr. man tan with the perfect hair, gimme a pasty skinned fellow with Columbo hair and coffee stains on his flannel shirt.
    I want to read articles titled "How to respond when your wife says : Your'e not wearing that are you?" Or "Holelyness is next to Godliness." The front cover could have a photo of Walter Matthau in a bathrobe.
    For the title I would borrow some lyrics from Howlin Wolf. I'd call it "Built For Comfort."
    I would gladly lay down my hard earned dirty bills for a rag like that.

What about you? What kind of magazine would you like to see?

Helaskold likes this.
  2. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    The internet has killed Readers Wives.

GrumpiusMaximus likes this.
  3. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Feb 4, 2013
    jammin
    I used to like thumbing through the "Auto Trader" and "Cycle Trader" mags that used to come out twice a month or so. Internet also killed these off, Craigslist isn't as much fun.

bassinplace likes this.
  4. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    It would be nice if they had a decent bass mag. I used to read Bass Player until the content percentage dropped down to next to nothing.

Helaskold likes this.
  5. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Inactive

Jan 20, 2011
    a fine art film-photo mag without product reviews & art-stars
    a lit mag like Paris Review but more interviews, more art work, less short stories
    maximum rocknroll printed on better paper http://maximumrocknroll.com/

6. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Inactive

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    The Savage Sword of Darth

7. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Inactive

Jan 20, 2011
    there is one; it's called tb.

8. Milk

Milk

Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    As long as my internet is still working i don't see a point to read a magazine.

SunnBass likes this.
  9. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    "Affordable Bass" magazine

It would feature nothing but cheap affordable basses.
    It would have articles like "Modding your Squier Affinity", "Getting the most from your SX", "Don't let gear snobs look down on you" and "We don't need no stinkin' Rics"
    Reviews on all the lastest, cheapest basses and affordable amps like the Rumble 15.

10. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Bass Gear magazine. That and TB give me all the bass-related reading I can handle and more.

11. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Inactive

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I will always remember today as the day when I discovered that Slobake is the only one and true messiah.

12. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

basscooker likes this.
  13. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    But Zilt is goD.

The Most Handsome of All

14. PJSim

PJSim

Jan 16, 2011
    Nidaros
    uten navn.png

zontar and basscooker like this.
  15. I wouldn't mind a magazine for slobs......but it would probably come with spilled gravy all over the front cover

16. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    1994_12_10_k.jpg

zontar likes this.
  17. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Cool thanks, I'll check it out. Based on the title I might not be into it, though. I'm not too gaga about gear, although I do find it marginally interesting. I more like featured artists, music reviews and transcriptions.

18. Periodical print media? It should all go away. Not because I'm a greenie or a youngster. Far from it.

It just makes no sense as it's inefficient clutter and obsolete before the ink dries.

IMHO.

SunnBass likes this.
  19. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    1. There used to be this guitar magazine that was mainly tablature of the latest guitar rock music and some older songs. I forgot the name and I used to subscribe to it. That was a long time ago, and it went away as "intro-verse-chorus-verse2-chorus-brain-melting-guitar-solo-chorus2-outro 80's heavy metal music" went away in the early 90s.
    I'd like a magazine with seven funk bass song transcriptions per issue.

2. There's this German magazine, Auto Motor und Sport, which I bought was I was in college. I was learning some German in class and used to help, plus it was interesting to see European manufacturer's project cars a month before Motor Trend or Road & Track reported on them. I wish they would translate that into English and sell it here.

3. A magazine on sea otters.

20. sowilson

sowilson

Jul 5, 2013
    High Paying Gigs Weekly - that's the mag for me

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021