Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What not to play

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassteban, Dec 28, 2004.

1. ...the first few bars of any Lynrd Skynrd tune(or any tune, for that matter), if you can't play the rest. No offense to Southern Rock fans, just to clowns that tease you with the hook, then can't finish it. Anyone else?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    chameleon.

3. Hello, I'm Steve & I'm completely out of the loop- que es chameleon, band, tune or board game?

4. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I play Skynrd because the trolls always yell FREEBIRD like they do at every other bar they goto so we give it to them.

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Duh dum dum dum... dum dum

6. bah dat bah dat bah dat bee dat

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    whafro and mac_th are fired.

8. Brat

Brat

Jun 4, 2004
    NW Indiana.
    crap

9. Is not. Made you think you're cool.

...you're welcome.

10. Um, hey, brat- I just noticed that 'useless post' is part of your sig-thingie. I'm dumb- you probably really feel smart now.

Ignore me.

11. An instrumental by Herbie Hancock from the 1970s. :cool:

Mike

12. Thank you so much, Mr. Jewels. If you ever care to branch out into egg salad, you must watch 'What's up, Tiger Lily' by Woodie Allen.

13. Sounds like an answer to the title to me.

14. Bah boh doh beeee dat. . . beeee dat. . .

Chameleon is the most fun jam song ever. I never get bored of playing that on bass, especially slapping -- adding interesting funky fills and putting in plenty of muted pops and stuff. Man. So cool. It's amazing I'm not bored stiff of that song, seeing that I've been playing it for so many years. Most bass players I know are sick of playing that song.

15. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    A classic but still a great one. When they yell Freebird!

Kindly raise your middle finger, and reply "Here's your free bird"

Troll

16. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    If you can't play it, don't noodle around with it! A very long time ago, our guitarist would noodle endlessly between songs and play the kick off or a phrase frome some Skynard song we did not know, get someone in the audience excited and all ready to hear that song.

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Lynyrd Skynyrd

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    How do I enter to win?

19. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ha! ..Tell me about it - I used to work in a music store.

Joe