Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What on-board pre has stacked b/t and volume w/push/pull slap?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Taylor Livingston, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I've been shopping for a preamp and am considering one pickup (leaning towards MM-syle), a stacked bass and treble pot, and volume with push/pull slap contour (note that I don't ever slap, but I like that "scooped" sound for picking). I have yet to find a preamp with these controls. Basically, I want simlicity, an uncluttered face, but reasonably wide range of control, and this setup seems like it would be perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. That would be the Seymour Duncan "Basslines" preamps. I don't know precisely what know configurations are available, but they typically have stacked B/T controls and a pull-up "slap" setting. Don't know if you can gt a single-pickup model with stacked B/T and no mid control, since the MM usually has at least 3 holes to be filled in the control plate.

Mike

3. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    The MM certainly isn't carved in stone, just the frontrunner. I may go with the Basslines and a humbucker. Thanks. :D

4. Bonafide

Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    I have one for sale right now (Seymour Duncan Basslines pre). Your choice, 4 knobs with Bass-Treble-Mid-Volume with push-pull slap contour. OR 3 knobs Bass/Treble stacked-Mid-Volume with Pull Contour.
    Your choice of board-Music Man or STC-3A. Like new.
    $69.00

rodney@rodneygene.com if interested.

Cheers.

5. Bonafide

Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    BTW- for $20 I can wire this pre anyway you'd like. 2 band or 3 band- Stacked bass/treble-Mid-Volume Stacked Bass/Mid-Treble-Volume etc. You get the idea.
    I can also wire you just a 2 band pre with out the mid if you'd like.

Cheers.

6. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    I have some questions, Bonafide. I'll ask in your thread in the classifieds.

7. I just meant that most of the Basslines preamps (and other preamps, too) are set up with a balance control for two pickups. The Basslines MM preamp is the one that's made for a single-pickup setup, but MM's have either 3 or 4 holes for control knobs, so the preamp does too.

Mike