1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What on Earth...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rush-2112, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    I was cleaning up some files and somehow found this pic on my computer...it's kinda confusing me.

[​IMG]

I'm thinking of a good reason why I might have saved something like this...did Dingwall make Geddy Lees at any point? If not then idk how in the world I obtained such a pic lol

2. Dingwall Super J model... there was one in this colour combo for sale here on TB several months ago if I remember correctly... I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Dingwall does not make a proper "Geddy" model... the bass pictured just happens to make people wish they did:D:D

3. Sure did (and still do) reminds me of something.... oh yeah, the bass in my stand right now! Love it to death. You were probably looking at a website and it ended up in your cache.

4. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    I love those fanned block inlays.

5. bamba22

bamba22 Commercial User

Dec 24, 2009
    owner of beginner-bass-guitar.com
    I pretty cool picture..

6. Bocete

Bocete My E string is 36 1/4" long

Sep 30, 2006
    Yeah. Not many people thought fanned blocks were a good idea initially. By the time they were done, well, you see how they turned out :D

7. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Somewhat Dali-esque.

8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    One of my favorite Dingwall Super-J's!

And yes, Sheldon does do blocks. In fact, my Voodoo/Z was in the works when Sheldon said he'd like to try blocks and hatched the idea. I only have two, but you can see that the plan worked quite well for the Super-J.

9. Oh my, ain't that purty!!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020