1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What one pickup basses are good with BEAD?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Willem, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    So yeah, I'm looking for a one pickup (passive) bass that works well with BEAD. A nice and tight B string but it doesn't have to be an amazing B. Price range is below 1000 dollars I'm afraid.

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Doesn't any bass work well with BEAD? Just file your nut and bridge and use a set of 5er strings.

3. yep...I had a P-bass copy that I paid $65 for and I strung it BEAD and it was great!...probably better at BEAD than EADG, even...

Get yourself an SX or Squier P bass...string it BEAD, set it up and you won't be disappointed...

4. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    The pickup actually has to be where the neck pickup from a sadowsky modern is

[​IMG]

5. And why it "has" to be there?:eyebrow:

6. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    No idea. But if it's absolutely essential you're basically limiting yourself to a P bass.

7. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    G & L L-1000

8. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    playability reasons... a p pup is too far from the bridge, maybe a reverse P or maybe I should go custom

9. Ibanez ATK