1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what online sites do you use to buy stuff?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Icey101, Mar 13, 2013.

1. i've only just started to buy stuff so i've been using Wiggle.com for my cycle stuff, no complaints and Amazon for a couple of video's, no complaints there too. I've also been looking around for a good mobile phone accessary site

2. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I shop at Amazon and Guitar Center a lot, and of course eBay. The money I've saved due to eBay!

I have over 25 pairs of cowboy boots, and while I used to spend well over $200.00 a pair, I've gotten them as low as $20.00!

3. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    i think it depends very heavily on what exactly you're shopping for. amazon is pretty awesome, though. ebay used to be better, but now it costs so much to sell, good deals are hard to find. newegg and walmart are dependable. sweetwater, guitar center ( i have a "player's card", so...), speaker hardware, parts express, bolt depot get quite a bit of my online shopping dollars.

4. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    amazon! :bassist:

5. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Amazon, ebay, here, Musicians Friend, Microcenter, New Egg, Tiger Direct, Best Buy, Walmart, Pet Smart ... and probably a few others..

6. Amazon, Play & eBay are where I tend to look first.

7. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I have no allegiance. The one who is selling it cheapest.

Edit: I do frequent Sweetwater a bit for gear tho.

8. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    TB and Sweetwater.

9. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    TB and Bass Gear.

10. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Groupon mostly.

11. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    the-wiggles-pic.
    Keepin it Ozzie, ay? Good on ya!

12. Craigslist, ebay, Amazon.

13. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Silk Road for physician-recommended OTC analgesics and the Armory for reinforced, weapons-grade hollowbody basses.

Amazon for canned peaches and gasoline, and MILF Calendar Creator for family-themed holiday greeting cards.

14. BassDoc51

BassDoc51

Dec 20, 2011
    Fairborn, OH
    I mainly use Zzounds for gear, and Amazon for stuff besides gear.

15. Most of the time, Ebay/Amazon/Sweetwater, though I'll try to do a bit more digging for specialty items.

16. BassDoc51

BassDoc51

Dec 20, 2011
    Fairborn, OH
    I would order more often from Sweetwater if I knew I wouldn't get 15 phone calls every time I did.

17. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Call them and tell them you don't want any calls. Not sure why they still do that. I now believe they actually have the best customer service of all the online stores, but they make it hard to get past yer first purchases there. I had it out with them a while ago, and they wound up winning me over. Bought my Fender bass VI there and couldn't be happier with the entire experience. They even sent me pro photos of my actual bass before it shipped.

As for any other online purchases I shop for the best price and that's where I buy. That still winds up being Musiciansfriend and Amazon 99% of the time, though Sweetwater got my last order cuz they had the bass VI in stock, and came only a few bucks away from matching the best deal I got with MF.

For me the online music stores work like this:

Sweetwater - best customer service.
    Musiciansfriend and Music123 (same company) - best price.
    Americanmusical and Zzounds (same company) - quickest delivery.
    Guitar Center and Sam Ash - only if I'm desperate as with these guys you have to pay tax because of their physical stores.
    Bass Central - never bought anything there, but got treated like a king on a visit, and only hear good things.
    Bass Northwest - never again (search here for details).
    Any place else - usually pay top dollar but get gear the other places don't stock.

PS. I spend waaaay too much money online. Especially buying gear.

18. Amazon.

19. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I've made at least a couple handfuls of decent dollar purchases from them, and have never gotten more than a friendly email from my sales engineer associate dude. And, I get BMI songwriter's discount on what I buy from them, so it's a total win-win, as they 99% of the time have the best price, free ship, and free 2 year warranty.

20. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    You need to hone your shopping skills. :) This, I'm absolutely certain is not true.