Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what opinions do you have on rotosounds.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bitter1, Oct 21, 2004.

1. bitter1

bitter1

Jul 25, 2004
    i have a 60's reissue jazz bass and i am not too fond of the roundwouds that came with it. i was thinking that it might sound good with rotosounds you know like John Paul Jones, John Entwistle, and Geddy Lee they all use Jazzes and Roto's why not me. i am just wanting some input on how long they last, how bright, standard prices. thank you.

2. don't pay more than $21. They sound awesome, but some people think they don't last long (I think they do). Some people say they get a sucky string in their sets. I never have. I read somewhere that you can send the bad string back to roto and they'll send you a new one. Read the rotosound quality control thread, but buy them anyway.

3. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I used to use them a lot in CA...got them from Michael Anthony's tech. He swore by them, but then he went away on tour, so I tried buying some at GC. Got two sets from two different stores, both had dead strings out of the box. I'd get about two weeks heavy use out of them before I'd lose the top end, and away they went. If their QC has improved, give em a try. Don't pay more than $19-ish. They aren't worth more than that, IMO...