1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What other brand of cabs have you matched well with Schroeder's.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gintaras, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I have an upgraded 1010R to Celestion Neo's and have tried a few different cabs to match with it. I have a DR Bass 112LF and a Yamaha BBT110s. These cabs sound great by themselves and together but neither one being a good match to the 1010L. Using a GenzBenz NeoPak to run them.

The obvious answer might be to get another Schroeder and was thinking about picking up a used Mini12 but just wondered what other owners of Schroeders have done. Have also thought about another 2x10 cab :meh:

2. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    Bump.......Either nobody uses another cab with there schroeder or all off the Schroeder users had gigs last nite :D

3. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Yep. If I opted for a boutique and/or high end cabinets (I don't currently own any Schroeders), I'd prefer to stay with the same manufacturer for the pairs. You'll get the same cabinet dynamics, sensitivity (normally) and tone. If you're looking for a match, get a match.

4. Slink

Slink

Dec 27, 2005
    I once sat a UL112 on top of a 1212R with a Jazz through a wt-550 and this combination gave me a great (could have been the room I don't know) full punchy tone. I had to sell the 1212R because of shoulder problems so I didn't get to try it again.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I use a Bergantino HT115 with my 1212.