1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what other humbucker pickups are there?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Samipegazo, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Samipegazo

Samipegazo

Feb 11, 2016
    miami
    i love humbuckers so i've done some searching and have found many for bass such as the bisonic, mudbucker, musicman style, and wide range. are there any other humbuckers that are worth noting?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Any dual coil, split coil, or quad coil. Most all pickup companies make them.

3. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    Yes. Loads. More than I could fit into one post. Do some searches here and read all about ‘em. As @mmbongo said, any pickup with two coils, whether oriented side-to-side, back-to-back, end-to-end, or staggered, is technically a humbucker (as long as the two coils are wound RWRP).

Point of note: the BiSonic and its modern interpretations have a single coil, so they are not humbuckers.

4. sikamikanico

sikamikanico

Mar 17, 2004
    What do you love about them? Humbuckers come in different designs and sound different. The only characteristic they share is that they buck hum :)

TheMinutemen, line6man and ctmullins like this.
  5. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    Sidewinders are humbuckers too.

6. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
  7. Inara

Inara Fierce Fun Fretless Female Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Seattle, WA USA
    My favorites are probably the Music Man variants that offer series/parallel switching, and the G&L MFD pickups.