What other instruments do you play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Masterbasser666, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Hey there,:bassist:
    I have noticed that a number of bassists also play other instruments (guitar, violin, trumpet etc.) and I was just wondering how many of you actually DO play other instruments.
  2. bassochist

Dec 28, 2002
    i play saxophone and some keyboard and dabble in g*!t@r

oh and i tried drums once but ended up getting tendonitis in my ankle from using the bass drum pedal (true story)
    havent tried drums since
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I learned classical violin and recorder as a kid.
    Now I'm also torturing an innocent Tele-copy :D
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Always Bass first, but Guitar, Sax, and a little keys
  5. Bass is my main instrument but i also play (a lot of) keyboard and (a little) didgeridoo.
  6. i played drums before bass, now i'm just playin' bass. i do fool around on guitar quite abit, and i goof on my drummer's kit at practice sometimes, though.
  7. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    well, this is in the wrong place, and it's been done abot 15 times, but I'll bite anyway.

My main instrument is Tuba, that's the one I earn a living on, but I also play and teach Trombone and Euphonium.
    Bass is my 4th best instrument, But I have noticed lately I am starting to do things more fluidly and automatically on Bass. Maybe someday It will pass trombone into 3rd place.

But bass is the most fun of all of them.
  8. eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    I play bass, guitar, and didgeridoo(sp) damn thing is sweet.

and whats wrong with being in insane asylum's?
  9. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    I also agree with tuBass, Tuba is my main instrument. I love it. I also play (in profeciency order): drums, guitar, and recently harmonica.
  10. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    Hey tuBass, I love Science Fiction Theater, too!
  11. Tubass was just trying to help. Next time, try a search first.
  12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I play guitar, some piano (I'd be better if I practiced) and melodica. I own a few assorted percussion instruments just for recording purposes.
  13. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    Bass, then a little keyboard, but my fetish is my funky groove on the other percussion instruments. I'm talkin Vibraslap, bongos, cowbell, claves, and the strange wooden box that has 3 slits in it that make different pitches.:D
  14. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Started out on Piano when I was little. Picked the trombone as my band instrument of choice in 4th grade and played all the way through high school. Stated playing drums in 7th grade in my first garage band. Started on bass when I was about a Junior in high school to make myself a better drummer, but really got interested when I went to college simply because it was easier and more pratical to practice bass than drums in a dorm room! ;) Also picked up guitar late in high school, but only play for fun. Packet up my drum set several years ago and have been a full-time bass convert ever since. Also, have been learning and playing around with the mandolin during the last year. Remember, I AM JPJ, afterall!!! :D
  15. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Besides bass I play Trumpet, Violin, some piano, and I'm a voice Major... but bass and Singing are really all I do now
  16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Masterbasser666, please check your PM.

Everybody, please do NOT quote problem posts! It just makes more work for the mods to clean up!

This will be moved to OT after I'm done with the toilet brush.
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I am currently fluent in over 6 million forms of musical communication. :meh:
  18. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Sax (a little)
    Drums (a little)

Damn, now you got me wondering what he said :)

BTW, this wants to be in Misc, not OT, no?
  19. Link

Jul 6, 2002
    Latrobe, PA
    voice, french horn, double bass and viola [my "mains"], as well as electric bass [obviously], violin, piano, flute, dijeredoo, the pan flute... i've toyed with guitar, trombone, clarinet... still hoping to tackle cello, sax, bag pipes...

.... as you can see... i don't have a life...