What other instruments u play(ed)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassicRob, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Piano/Keys

0 vote(s)
  2. Guitar

4 vote(s)
  3. Drums/Percussion

2 vote(s)
  4. Strings

1 vote(s)
  5. Woodwinds

1 vote(s)
  6. Horns

2 vote(s)
  7. Only Bass

0 vote(s)
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
  1. BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    I'm sure this has been done before but just out of curiosity. Just wondering what instruments u guys played before bass, and if it inspired you to play another, and if you stil continue on that instrument.

I played piano for about 5-6 years when I was about 7, then took up trumpet in 5th grade up until the 9th in school, and found myself focusing on bass guitar just before I "gave up" trumpet. I fooled around on upright in my latter high school years during theory class, and would love to take that up. I dig out the trumpet every now and then as well as give a shot at the piano. I feel good trying to play songs, improvising using a different medium. I am also inspired by Bela Fleck to pick up a banjo and learn, but my main focus will always be bass. :)
  2. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    A poll is hardly the way to get this question rightly answered. I bet there are plenty more of us than myself who has played a multitude..
    Voted horns, as I started on trumpet and have played almost every brass instrument there is. Guitar was my second instrument (parallel to brass). The last 20 years, I've played lots of different, monophonis instruments.
    All equally lousy, but that wasn't the question, right?:D
  3. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    I played Geetar for about 2 years before I saw the light and realized bass is better. :D
  4. I play the guitar on and off.. and I play keyboards when I'm bored. hehe
  5. ASR

Apr 2, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Let's see. Started on a Kazoo when I was 2...
    Played trombone, trumpet, tuba, violin, guitar, and (don't laugh) I actually learned to play a banjo. Don't ask why. I just had a wild hair or something.
  6. I also play drums, acoustic guitar and kazoo.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I agree. This poll is closed.

As for the answer, I play guitar and piano, although I need to practice more. I also play upright bass and dabble on alto recorder and sing.

Will C.:cool:
  8. BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    I figured the poll to be a quick way to see wher people started. Guess I didnt really make it clear. Oh well, so much for trying :p
  9. I play the guitar - mostly rhumba flamenca (think Strunz & Farah or Jesse Cook), but I have a Strat lying around which I pick up once in a blue moon.
  10. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Clarinet (badly), flute (badly), trumpet (passably), guitar (passably), bass (badly), drums (badly). I'm a total dillettante.
  11. played piano for about seven years and i suck at it, what a waste!! i've played trumpet for about 9 now i spose or 8(i'm good), and bass for a year and a half its been the greatest year and a half of my life!!
  12. i play guitar and drums.

my dad's currently teaching me hamonica and the sax.
  13. ross

ross Guest

Mar 17, 2000
    guitar,concertina,ukulele,and keyboards i also played baritone for a year
  14. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    I dabble on guitar, keys, and harmonica.
  15. gonzo85

Mar 25, 2001
    Clarinet is my other instrument. First chair at my high school--oh yeah.
  16. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    My other primary instrument is trombone. I've dabbled in bass trombone, baritone, and piano though.
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Bass (duh:D), I also play tuba/sousaphone. I used to play piano (for about a year) and recorder (in grade school) and about a 6 month sting on guitar befoe I saw the light...
  18. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i went directly to bass... everyone told me to start with acoustic guitar first... tried for 2 months, got bored, got a bass from a friend...fell in love...and now i´m here!

of course i´m going to pick up a guitar just to fool around with it...
  19. trombone is my 2nd instrument (1st chair) to bass
  20. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA

"Enrolling in Berklee" isnt an instrument. No, nobody thinks more highly of you for "playing it", either. Besides, we already knew you were a virtuoso! ;)