Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what other insuments do you play?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by blakec3686, May 13, 2002.

1. guitar

36 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. horn( of any kind)

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. drums

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. keyboard

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  5. other

20 vote(s)
    35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blakec3686

blakec3686

Dec 14, 2000
    so what other instuments do you play ? I happen to play the drums, sax, and piano
    Blake

2. Guitar, trumpet, and a little keyboard/piano.

3. This thread has already been done a few times. Do a search

Anyway, I play french horn, and I can play, but don't play regularly trumpet, baritone and tuba

4. I play guitar.. but I'am not very good at it.. started to play violin and have been jamming on djembe and congas with good results for some months with my college's band..

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    All of the above.

I play tuba as my main instrument, electric bass, double bass, guitar, baritone/euphonium, trombone/bass trombone, flute, piccolo, and concert percussion (xylaphone, marimba, timpani, etc.).

I can't play a reeded instrument for thew life of me... I need to work on that.

I'm the Jack Of All Trades

Master of tuba

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I played tuba, and as such can manage any horn. Can't play them for crap, but I can make the correct sounds. I aslo played piano for about 2 years, and recorder for about 2 as well. Beyond that, I'm like your average musician: fifteen minutes, and I can get something resembling an intentional set of sounds out of something.

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Seems like I´m the only one here that doesn´t play the TUBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

I play a little drums....... latin percussion (congas, tumbadoras, afrolatin percussion, and guitar... oohh yeah, and BASS!!!!!

8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    WOOHOO!!!!

GO TUBA!!!!!!!

9. Other than electric bass:

Upright bass
    Viola
    some Violin
    some Cello
    some piano
    SITAR (god I love my sitar)
    Guitar
    Percussion (anything but a drum kit; can't manage to get my feet syncopated quite right, but I'm workin' on it)

Next instrument: zither, although my love will always be women and bass.

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    before I played bass I played Drums, trumpet, sax(alto,tenor, and baritone) Trombone, and self-taught piano
    now I play

Drums& percussion
    Bass(electric, upright, fretted, fretless)
    Keyboards/piano(though I prefer synths)
    hand drums(djembe, dumbeck, bongos, congas..etc)
    turntables(though some wouldn't consider this an instrument....Its still a musical tool)
    Drum Programming(drum triggers...synth drums...etc.)
    kazoo(I'm pretty serious here) and some harmonica(I.e I know how to make some cool sounds, and generally get around the harp)

ukelele(sp?)
    I can play a bunch of chords on the guitar, and I'm learning proper ways to pick
    I'm learning mandolin and I want to learn circular breathing so I could play digerido better

11. im also a clarinet player.......
    and bass.......... and thats it....

12. i played clarinet and tenor sax in the last 3 years.

13. i played violin for about two years and some. i'm picking up the harmonica and i've been doing vocals all my life. but the bass remains my love.

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I play bass.

I can do OK on guitar, play chords or melody on keyboard, and bang around on the drums.

But playing fretted and fretless 4, 5, & 6 and fretted 12 string basses occupies most of my time.

15. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i could play guitar in anything except for a jazz band. i'm not that good of a soloist in a lyrical sense but i sure can shred :D

(dream guitar rig: Parker Fly w/Fender TwinAmp)

could play drums in anything except jazz and really fast metal or punk

(dream drum rig: my drummer's GMS master series kit, with a few splash cymbals and woodblocks, and a popcorn snare)

can also BS my way around banjo, cello, mandolin, and the keyboard.

16. Basman

Basman

Mar 27, 2002
    Holland
    Didgeridoo here too. To bad its always in the same key so it's not very interesting for gigs.

17. Drum kit, latin percussion, hand percussion, concert percussion, field percussion (not fieldy), tympani, mallets, some keyboard (poorly).

18. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    i like to play around on the guitar, piano, drums, etc. when i'm bored.

i really only consider myself a bass player.